fs2002 still alive!

David25210

WoW, Those were the days! and these lovely photos show just how far MSFS2020 has come in the last 20 years, it's quite remarkable!

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

WoW, Those were the days! and these lovely photos show just how far MSFS2020 has come in the last 20 years, it's quite remarkable!

Hmmm... and MSFS2020 has been around for just over a year... :pilot:

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Nice in FS2002.!? How do you place these pics in this Forum? I can only copy my text into this quick reply. But jpg with an URL or .., ? I could not add a picture to my story. I have the FS9/FS2004. It ‘s also a nice sim. Not to heavy. ������ Joop.

20yr gap between the two

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Nice in FS2002.!? How do you place these pics in this Forum? I can only copy my text into this quick reply. But jpg with an URL or .., ? I could not add a picture to my story. I have the FS9/FS2004. It ‘s also a nice sim. Not to heavy. ������ Joop.

Hi, its easy, just use the top menu icon (marked below). Post some pics.

pics-howto.jpg

The PMDG looks excellent! Too bad some of these old files aren't available anywhere to download as they are really hard to find.

The best source for FS2002 payware add-ons is definitely eBay, got numerous items recently there for very reasonable money. The freeware FS2002 add-ons are of varying quality, but also getting hard to find on the web, many links are dead…

The best source for FS2002 payware add-ons is definitely eBay, got numerous items recently there for very reasonable money. The freeware FS2002 add-ons are of varying quality, but also getting hard to find on the web, many links are dead…

It's often worthwhile loading a "dead" link into the Wayback Machine (Internet Archive) http://web.archive.org/ and see if they've got anything squirrelled away. Don't forget to choose an appropriate date for your search. Unfortunately some sites used a database-driven source rather than being purely html so didn't totally archive when queried :(

• 3 weeks later...
Hi djtnm, good to hear. There's nothing wrong with FS2002, it's a good sim, and as you found, dirt cheap and available. I also have the box, CDs in pristine condition. (And also the box, CDs in pristine condition for FS2000). My friend found them at the local recycle centre, free, and gave them to me 15 years ago. Has the advantage they'll run very nicely on older software e.g. WinXP and newer, and on older, cheaper hardware. For a general sim experience they're very good.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I have a laptop hp 4gb ram Windows 10 processor core duo 2.2ghz and FS 2002 Runs Nicely.

I don't have the worry of buying expensive hardware just to play since FS 2002 and a single addon I have (I paid cheap) Airbus Fleet is enough for my fun and runs perfectly with high fps!.

You can't imagine the freedom of not having to look for addons, install, uninstall, tweak, and other things. Just cheers. I also have FSX all default and it runs fine without autogen, but I really like the 2002, it never let me down and it always worked so it's my default and I always fly with it, preferably the American Pacific 737-400 Default Occasionally put it to play online but it seems to me that people are interested in big spec machines and sceneries. Freedom and fun, that's my motto.

Yes I have a laptop hp 4gb ram Windows 10 processor core duo 2.2ghz and FS 2002 Runs Nicely.

I don't have the worry of buying expensive hardware just to play since FS 2002 and a single addon I have (I paid cheap) Airbus Fleet is enough for my fun and runs perfectly with high fps!.

You can't imagine the freedom of not having to look for addons, install, uninstall, tweak, and other things. Just cheers. I also have FSX all default and it runs fine without autogen, but I really like the 2002, it never let me down and it always worked so it's my default and I always fly with it, preferably the American Pacific 737-400 Default Occasionally put it to play online but it seems to me that people are interested in big spec machines and sceneries. Freedom and fun, that's my motto.

• 1 month later...
i dont use it cause theres no ai like 2004 does

FS2002 certainly does have ai … it might be more of a pain to set up, as all of the traffic has to be in one file, but it's certainly there!

with_ai.jpg

without_ai.jpg

EGLL Heathrow with and without ai enabled ;)

It's often worthwhile loading a "dead" link into the Wayback Machine (Internet Archive) http://web.archive.org/ and see if they've got anything squirrelled away. Don't forget to choose an appropriate date for your search. Unfortunately some sites used a database-driven source rather than being purely html so didn't totally archive when queried :(

Hi, it seems fantastic to get files through there but I don't understand how the link works.

I am interested, for instance in some files within the red rectangle I enclose. But I can't reach to know if they are available or not, and how to get them.

Could you help me?.

Thanks and regards.WEB ARCHIVES UK2000 EXTRACT.png

Hi, it seems fantastic to get files through there but I don't understand how the link works.

I am interested, for instance in some files within the red rectangle I enclose. But I can't reach to know if they are available or not, and how to get them.

Could you help me?.

Thanks and regards.

Not quite sure what you've got there, but the url is "wrong" … there shouldn't be a ".80" after the UK2000.COM and there's other spelling mistakes as well … may well be some sort of rogue "clone"!

Try http://web.archive.org/web/20200131042055/http://www.uk2000scenery.com/newsite/My_Homepage_Files/Page1.html and work around from there.