Service Pack 1 reinstall issue

Qantas9999

Long time lurker and FSX user, I've just recently installed the game via both of my Deluxe disks which went without any issues, then when I got around to installing service pack 1 this greeted me:

Untitled.png

Is there anyway to get around it? I've searched almost all of the results google gave me and none of them seem to line up with my issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

So after a dozen or so attempts to reinstall I've figured that the installer for SP1 is trying to install it into C drive and despite me giving all users full control permissions on it, it still refuses to install, it'll extract the files but not go any further than that error.

• 2 weeks later...

All - If you have to reinstall the DISC version of FSX, you will need to load the installer patch. Installer patch must be run from command prompt. Here is what to do:

Find and download KB-928080 from Microsoft's site, it still should be out there. I have it saved to DVD.

a. Run mskb928080 from the desktop, it will upzip and create a folder called "C:\MicrosoftKB928080", open a command prompt as an admin move to that folder C:\MicrosoftKB929090.

b. Then Run "resetsldl.exe_/all" and it will clean up the installer files and the MS Store files. This should fix MS FSX, so it installs correctly.

NOTE: Install FSX then Activate the program. The activation code is in the box. If hijacked copy, someone should have provided an Activation Code. I will not provide mine.

Assuming you get to this point. More to do, read below carefully.

If you are installing the Acceleration Pack, after activation of the Base FSX install, install that now, do not restart, it apparently has SP-1 and what SP-2 is needed for it to work fine. If NOT installing Acceleration Pack, then follow below.

Then install SP-1 and then SP-2. At end of that restart PC, and find folder with FSX in it, and create shortcut to desktop for it.

There are supposed to be activation on the Acceleration Pack, it did not run but planes are there. Do this to make the activation work:

Originally Posted by brianstabinger View Post

Okay. It seems like this did the trick:

1. run regedit (Windows key +R)

2. Expand the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

3. After you find the folder, double-click Upperfilters on the right side.

4. Change the value from 0 to PartMgr* and/or remove any other settings and then click OK.

5. Close Registry Editor

6. Start FSX/Accel and you should get the registration wizard.

The next time you launch FSX, you'll have the prompt to enter the ACCELERATION product key.

Closed/Opened a few times, and all seems well.

I did this and the value was partmgr. Either in this thread or another I found, someone commented to make sure the capital letters were in place. Sure enough, when I replaced partmgr with *PartMgr, I was prompted to activate now or later when I restarted FSX.

Happy Flying

If he has FSX Deluxe (2 DVD set: FSX and Acceleration) then he does NOT need Sp1 or Sp2 as they are part of Acceleration and already included (installed). Trying to install Sp1 and Sp2 over Acceleration screws things up. So... if you don't have Acceleration DVD then you DO need to install SP1 and Sp2.

Installl FSX, restart PC, activate FSX, fly FSX for a minute, shut FSX down. Fire up FSX to see if it works. THEN and only then install Acceleration. Restart PC. Fire up FSX, fly for a minute, shut down FSX. Take a day off (hehe) and tomorrow when you go fly FSX there should be no 'kinks'.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).