Overland Simmer's Sky 747 Contact Points

Honus

Hi,

Does anyone have correct contact points for this model? The default ones seem way off and i can't seem to get the two outboard gear to sit flat. The front part lifts off the ground. Also the 'bounce' is way too stiff and the main gear sinks into the runway before liftoff. Appreciate if someone could post theirs here. Thanks

Back in July 2013 (YES-2013!) you posted:

''thank you. I just found that the problem had been fixed for me and I didn't even know it. In the Overland 'update' there were new 'aircraft.cfg' files that I had overlooked. I put the in the 'normal' cfg file and now the plane sits perfectly, regardless the fuel load.''

So what did you change? Or did you re-install and loose cfg? Either way I think you should 'GIVE IT UP' (hehe). Especially since the model was made for FS2002/FS2004. Yeah, I know: You LOVE this model. Being there - done that. So I don't blame you. I would fix your cnt pts but would need the payware model files. I don't think I could buy them anywhere anymore. BUT...sometimes the MODEL is made with wrong compression, wrong cofg, etc. And then the fix gets hairy and sometimes can't be done.

Chuck B

Napamule

PS: Overland Simmers did not go out of business 'just because'. It is 'gone' because they sold screwed up garbage, that is why they are no longer 'in business'.

Looked around and found link to download 'roll up' (new models), circa 2008, and 200 Mb, at Japanese site (it's legit): https://www.overland.co.jp/english/sms/download/

Edited by napamule2
i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I've had no problems with these models which were designed for FSX. I've been flying both the Boeing and Airbus models for some years. The only issue is the contact points on the 747-400.

Since you aren't a fan of these models, what have you been using as your user airplanes on FSX? I have the CLS models as well but their flight dynamics are not very accurate for friendly. I like the 777's, A340-500, A340-600, MD-11. Thanks

I have the SkySpirit 747-8i freeware, one base and 2 attached repaints and have had no problems whatsoever with them!

Good luck on the Contact Points if you should decide to stick with the Overland Simmer's Sky

Rick :cool:

Thanks. I'm checking the SkySpirits and they have quite a selection. Not sure how I missed them, but I will check some of these out.

Quote:'Since you aren't a fan of these models, what have you been using as your user airplanes on FSX?'

Woop! I guess I am not 'qualified' because I do not own ANY 'payware'. I use the default 747 in FSX (with no problems). I also I fix SOME default airplane's contact pts. Have been doing it for 10+ years. Not going to pay $20 for that model just to fix cnt pts either. And since you had this problem 9 yrs ago and can't find anyone to fix cnt pts for this model (orig for FS2002/FS2004) then it might be that you are stuck. They did a roll-out (updated models) in 2008 which might solve the cnt pt problem as 'version' of model DOES make a difference, even whan it comes to cnt pts. I am out.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Are you using FSX or FS4 The SkySpirit 747-8 base model says it's only designed for FS4 but they do have models that are for FSX as well. Is there a different base model that I'm missing? Like those 777's too!

Wayne - I might use the term "base" loosely. On my 3 downloads, the United was a complete download (I call that my base), and the Delta and the American Airlines were repaints which I attached to the United!

Any questions, reply back. I might be awhile getting back to you. For some reason, I lost my desktop computer this morning and I am using our vacation/backup laptop! Always something!

I am running FSX, but I will download either or.............

The United download is uamerger748i FS2004! You will need an FSX panel and sound, which you can get from the default 747-400 aircraft, just delete the panel and sound on the download and then copy and paste from the default 747. Also, read my comments for the download! Someone has made some changes to the aircraft.cfg, and you will have to change them back to the original. You'll see what I am talking about when you read my comments. it will be some extra effort on your part, but the download is well worth it. If you can find a SkySpirit FSX 747-8i, you could also use that and not have to make the changes.

The repaints can be either FSX or FS9, no extra work needed.

Rick :cool:

Edited by Downwind66
Second thought

There are FSX models of these aircraft, thought I'm not sure they contain the FSX panels, etc. I'll work on this today and get back to you. Did you sample any of the 777 models? They have lots of those too. Catcha later. Honus😄

Wayne - I sure hope you found a solution to your problem, as you are darn sure not letting anyone on here know! Not a good way to start out a membership relation with those that are out there trying to help when help is needed! Yes, I know things come up, but it will be a week tomorrow, and not a word from you?:rolleyes:

Enjoy Flight Sim and Happy Flying!

Rick :cool::cool:

To Wit:

honus_747 cnt pts.jpg

All I am saying that you might not realize that the MODEL dictates the 'geometry', and thus the CofG and thus the contact point positions. Not all/every 747 have identical cnt pts beacause the MODEL will ditermine what different dimensions (geometry/CofG) that particular model has. It is easy to get mixed up if you are not VERY careful. A FS9 model might be entirely different from an FSX model. If I had the files I could sort it all out in about 2 to 3 hours. I am willing to help but never have had any of the Overland models. I feel your pain. I myself would start over fresh. I would work on FS9 model. Then would get the FSX model and work on that seperate (never mix). It's a PITA but it can be done.

Chuck B

Napamule

Hi,

I have the same problem with sinking nose wheel of the SMS 747. It is too bad, SMS Overland is a "light weight" plane, looking really great in FSX and.... I had it working once before. Now after reinstalling, nose wheel dips down again and I can't remember what I did before to fix it. Changing contact point number makes it even worse. Enjoying Posky's 747 until I find some way to fix the SMS747.

Have a great weekend