Saitek Flight Sim Yoke last flight??

i just got done with 2 flights. and during the second flight my yoke system started flashing and shut down and i was getting the windows usb disconnect sound about 4 times. then the yoke came back on and let me get my flight done. but now when i go to the calibration page it don't move at all. the clock is at all zero's but nothings working no switches on the yoke or any thing. i think it's about 6+ years old. so does this mean that's it's last flight? cause i even tried a different usb port and got bubkus :(
giving up on flight simulation for good:D

May I suggest to try the same yoke with another computer. Normally the Windows O/S has built in Saitek driver to test your flight gear. This will isolate the source of the problem.

yes you may suggest that. i did try that on my other desktop computer and got the same results it shut down. after i did some research on how old the yoke was i found out it was 5 years old i got it in 2017. the throttle plug was all warped any way. so i have a whole new yoke coming. which means for the time being i'm stuck in the virtual hanger:(

Sorry to hear that.

From your feedback, your Saitek Yoke might have wiring problem either with your usb cable or internal wiring connection.

Personally I have a Saitek ProFlight Yoke and a Saitek Cessna Yoke more than 15 years.

So far they still work fine. May I ask which new yoke you have purchased.

Hope you enjoy the new yoke and continue your Sim flying adventure.

Sorry to hear that.

From your feedback, your Saitek Yoke might have wiring problem either with your usb cable or internal wiring connection.

Personally I have a Saitek ProFlight Yoke and a Saitek Cessna Yoke more than 15 years.

So far they still work fine. May I ask which new yoke you have purchased.

Hope you enjoy the new yoke and continue your Sim flying adventure.

i think it had wire issue as well cause it used to get disconnect and reconnect a lot for other simulators. it was 5 years old as well. and i got the saitek proflight again cause it suits my needs cause i have switch panel and stuff like that hooked up to it. it has all the buttons i need for flying.

• 4 months later...

Hi CessnaFlyer, I just came across your post, about a year ago I had a similar problem. I traced the fault to the wire bundle at the end of the yoke tube. Because over time these wire are both pulled and pushed some of them had broken, I separated the broken ones one by one (several are the same colour) and identified them with masking tape labels, then I solder repaired them. There is sufficient play in the bundle to reinforce the break using tape without compromising the operation of the yoke.

Maybe this is the problem you have? I hope it helps anyway.

Beers

mog

Hi CessnaFlyer, I just came across your post, about a year ago I had a similar problem. I traced the fault to the wire bundle at the end of the yoke tube. Because over time these wire are both pulled and pushed some of them had broken, I separated the broken ones one by one (several are the same colour) and identified them with masking tape labels, then I solder repaired them. There is sufficient play in the bundle to reinforce the break using tape without compromising the operation of the yoke.

Maybe this is the problem you have? I hope it helps anyway.

Beers

mog

actually no sir. the problem i had was the PS2 plug on the throttle had quit working. of course the whole yoke system had about 3 years on it and was plugged in and unplugged a gazillion times when i used to play other simulators. but now all i have is FSX for simulators and i replaced the yoke system. so i don't have the issue any more.