Virtual Airlines and ACARS clients

Petter1

Hi Gents, I need some assistance in resolving why I can not get my computer to connect with the ACARS system used by the VA I am trying to reconnect with.

I am using a new Dell 9810 XPS Desktop, Win10 OS, I have the correct FSUIPC module installed for FS9, which I am flying. I have SIMCONNECT installed, Microsoft.net Framework that came with the Win10 OS and the ACARS program related to the VA I have been flying for. The folks at that VA have assisted me in every way to help me get back into the game, but to of no avail.

Is there anyone out there that could assist me. I would be much obliged.

• 3 weeks later...
I have the correct FSUIPC module installed for FS9, which I am flying. I have SIMCONNECT installed, Microsoft.net Framework that came with the Win10 OS

What version of .NET Framework does the Acars software require?

If it is an older version, you will need to manually install it as Windows 10 comes with .NET 4.X.

Regards,

spacer.png

What version of .NET Framework does the Acars software require? If it is an older version, you will need to manually install it as Windows 10 comes with .NET 4.X.

No, you won't. .NET is backwards compatible.

Cheers!

Luke

By and large, .NET 2.0 apps (and 4.0 apps) will run on the 4.5+ runtimes. You don't need to install 2.0.

Getting back to the original poster, he hasn't said what ACARS package or what VA or even what specific problem he is encountering. And I have no idea why he installed SimConnect when he is using FS9.

Cheers!

Luke