Canadian and Alaskan airports with proper buildings

I have made around 500 airports and airfields in Canada and Alaska for FS9. Is there interest in having the same buildings that were included in those airports modified and posted for the MSFS airports? In FS9 they were models of the actual buildings instead of guesses. In MSFS they would bring the same real life situation.

Hand-made airports are very much in demand for MSFS, the default or photogrammetry buildings just aren't as good.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Roger--I think that would be absolutely great, I do most of my flying in BC, Yukon and Alaska where I did most of my real flying. Nelson BC CZNL is one of the most interesting airports to fly into in Sim or for real and if you want up to date photos of that airport I would get them. I had a guy in Germany do a great job on CZNL as freeware for FSX, I took the photos, even had my own car in the parking lot. John

Windows 11 MB MSI X-570 -A Pro, CPU--AMD Ryzen 5-5600 3.7 GHz, 6 core, 16G Ram, DDR 3600 MHz AMD Radeon 6800 Graphics card.

Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, Saitek Autopilot and Switch panel, Echo (Arduino build) autopilot and controller, Saitek Rudder pedals. 3 Monitors.

Oculus Rift 2 Virtual Reality headset.

I am not going to do the work myself as I currently have no intention of getting MSFS. MSFS is far better from 5,000 feet than either of the previous versions, FS9 and FSX, so Ultimate Terrain is not needed. But I get that when I go fly for real. And to make 500 airfields again....... If I find someone, or a company, that will do it (and presumably sell the result) then I will give them all the buildings I made.

Then why ask? If you did it once, you can do it again. Why even bother to bring it up if you're not even going to get the sim? No one will buy anything like that. Guaranteed.

I have to agree 100% - I thought the question was “would there be interest in a load of freeware airports” not “shall I look for a company to create some payware airports”

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Then why ask? If you did it once, you can do it again. Why even bother to bring it up if you're not even going to get the sim? No one will buy anything like that. Guaranteed.

Really? People buy airport scenery everyday. Guaranteed.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

Given that I knew I was not going to do it, and that I would not want MSFS in it's current state, I wondered if someone else might do it for me. And how much would I be willing to pay? $C200 for them all? $C300? Given how many hours of work it would need (maybe an average 5 hours each, with some having only 3 or 4 buildings for conversion and others much larger with 20 or 25 buildings) it it was obvious that to persuade someone to do it there would need to be more interest than just me.

“ I would not want MSFS in it's current state”.

It certainly has its bugs… bug it’s still worth it in my opinion. I’m having a blast! :)

If you wanted to try it, you could always sign up for the one month’s game pass trial.. for just £1 / $1

This will let you try MSFS and see what it’s like for yourself. Just remember to cancel the gamepass before the month is up.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I tried if for a while on a borrowed computer. The view from the air at altitudes above 2,000 feet are very good, and are close to the real thing. But, flying for real is still better (of course!) and is how I got the info to make the airfields for FS9 in the first place. FS9 for me was remembering in the winter that airfield I saw for the first time when flying down the Mackenzie River in July, and MSFS cannot do that.

As I wrote earlier, flying to a place is quite real with MSFS, but once you get there then...... real buildings? Show me a screenshot of Rockcliffe Flying Club?

Here you are: https://flightsim.to/file/23861/cyro-rockcliffe

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

As I wrote earlier, flying to a place is quite real with MSFS, but once you get there then...... real buildings? Show me a screenshot of Rockcliffe Flying Club?

I mean the map data. Don't twist your statement around, you did NOT MENTION BUILDINGS. You weren't exactly clear yourself you know!

Edited by Head In The Clouds

If you have read the posts from the start then you should know that from the beginning I was talking about converting the FS9 buildings I had made for use in MSFS. It would just be a case of siting the modified buildings in the right spot on the existing MSFS apron spaces.

The buildings in MSFS for Rockcliffe are pretty much the right shape, and the museum buildings look ok unless you go there regularly and know exactly what they look like. Not bad really. Same with the hangar, but the quonset is very good. The clubhouse, though, does not look real at all.

I tried if for a while on a borrowed computer. The view from the air at altitudes above 2,000 feet are very good, and are close to the real thing. But, flying for real is still better (of course!) and is how I got the info to make the airfields for FS9 in the first place. FS9 for me was remembering in the winter that airfield I saw for the first time when flying down the Mackenzie River in July, and MSFS cannot do that.

This does not mention buildings dude. Sorry, you're wrong. Your very first post mentioned buildings. This is the one I was talking about.

• 2 weeks later...

Bit late to respond now, but as someone else asked me about the time taken I will just point out that the scenery making for FS9 took 15 years.