Weather: Where Is Blue Sky?

Grover2005

Hi: I am a new user of X-Plane 11.55; For some non-apparent reason. I cannot get blue skies and perfectly clear weather in the simulator...It always appears gray and foggy...I have tried every setting I can find related to weather with no luck...Can someone advise me? Thanks...

Steve in Kansas

7 Miles NW of KGCK

• 3 weeks later...

>>Where Is Blue Sky?

Hi.

There are many different procedures that yo can use you to get the colors you want in XP.

Set the Weather in Menu>Flight>Flight Configuration>Weather to Visibility 100 clear.

The simplest is after you start XP go to Menu(top line)>Developer>Show Sky color and try “hialt”

Use the LUA and create your own Script, see my example below. Just Rename it, remove .txt, and place it in x:\...\Resources\plugins\FlyWithLua\Scripts folder, see procedure inside the file, and you can use it to also improve your Frame rate if you assign keys to the Increase Decrease LOD(Level Of Detail).

See the pics, at KFUL in the cpit and Outside a view from above KSNA looking West at 2:22 Zulu Aug 11.

Post here if you have more questions.

172SP_G1000InCpit16.jpgC172SPOut16.jpgLOD-Vivid-FPS-Fog13.lua.txt

The default haze or fog setting is too high in X-Plane. Have a look at the following forum where it describes how to tone down the haziness, with a "fog-be-gone" setting:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/124546-haze-issue-solved/

i5-10600K @ 5.0 GHz, Gigabyte Z490M motherboard, RTX 2080 Super 8GB, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p monitor, CH Products Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals, Track IR 5, Oculus Quest 2, Windows 10 64-bit