MSFS2020 crashes at final approach

Hi. I'm new to the forum and I don't understand much of this whole environment, but I need help anyway. I play on PC, with the original version of the game and without any add-ons. For a few weeks now, whenever I land (A320, for example, at Lisbon airport), the game stops and closes when I reach about 2000 feet – returns to the desktop view.

On the LPAZ – LPPT, for example, the plane lands normally. What could it be? Thanks.

Z390 AORUS PRO-CF; i7-9700K 3.60 GHz; 32 GB RAM 2666 MHz; NVIDEA GeForce RTX 2070 Super; SSD Z1 500 GB; Windows 11 64x

Are you saying you can land ok at Lisbon (LPPT) sometimes but other times it crashes to desktop? (or is it another Lisbon airport whixh causes the crash?)

I don’t usually fly the big planes but I’ve just landed the A320 at Lisbon (LPPT) ok. Does it CTD with another aircraft?

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

This is probably unrelated, but I’ve just been flying the Baron around the LPPT area. I then quit, to go back to the main menu.. when I had a CTD! First one for a while.

I did press the “exit VR” button a second after clicking “main menu” though, so it’s probably down to that, rather than Lisbon.

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

I apologize for the error in the initial post: I wanted to say LPAZ-LPPD everything is fine!

No worries :)

Still doesn’t fix your problem though. As I said yesterday, I did get a CTD while flying around there..

So maybe there is some sort of bug. More testing needed I think.

Regards

Steve

I apologize for the error in the initial post: I wanted to say LPAZ-LPPD everything is fine!

O fly all time for this airport without a problem.

I have the same graphic.

First clean your roll cache and you have to tweak your config of your graphic card.

Another thing is the drivers of the ssd.

Then make clean install nvidia drivers.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, I managed to solve the problem... and create another one. After uninstalling Capture One, I can make all the landings with ILS. Now how do I solve the image editor problem? I need to understand the conflict - any help?

Thanks.

Can’t say I’d ever heard of Capture One myself.. but a quick Google search and I found several references on how it causes MSFS to crash.

Maybe this will help…

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/bug-logged-ctd-caused-by-capture-one-20-codec/452538

Regards

Steve