Did you get the MSFS from the MS Store? If so, then launch the store and click library (bottom left) then click the get updates button ( top right)

Then when you launch the sim it will update a bit more.

If you have the premium or deluxe version, you will then find extra updates in the content manager. It really is simple.

If you bought it via Steam then someone else will have to advise you, but I presume it’ll be similar.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Yes I bought it from thr store. The splash appears as I load it & suggests i have to go to the store, but gives minimal instructions. When into the store I see nothing about any 2020 FS update.

So at the MS Store, in your Library, you don't have a big, blue button that reads "Update?

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

Have you clicked the “get updates” button?

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Yes I bought it from thr store. The splash appears as I load it & suggests i have to go to the store, but gives minimal instructions. When into the store I see nothing about any 2020 FS update.

As Steve mentioned, go to store and click library button on the lower left hand side of the store window once you click you will see all APPs listed including MSFS2020 and on top of the window you will see

GET UPDATES and UPDATE ALL click on the UPDATE ALL button and it will download updates for all apps including FS2020 - fs2020 will down load about 500mbs. Once download complete you launch the SIM and rest of the updates will be installed automatically

As Steve mentioned, go to store and click library button on the lower left hand side of the store window once you click you will see all APPs listed including MSFS2020 and on top of the window you will see

GET UPDATES and UPDATE ALL click on the UPDATE ALL button and it will download updates for all apps including FS2020 - fs2020 will down load about 500mbs. Once download complete you launch the SIM and rest of the updates will be installed automatically

You may find the easiest way is to download the Xbox app and do it all through that--it does not mean you need the Xbox version to be doing that.

Windows 11 MB MSI X-570 -A Pro, CPU--AMD Ryzen 5-5600 3.7 GHz, 6 core, 16G Ram, DDR 3600 MHz AMD Radeon 6800 Graphics card.

Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, Saitek Autopilot and Switch panel, Echo (Arduino build) autopilot and controller, Saitek Rudder pedals. 3 Monitors.

Oculus Rift 2 Virtual Reality headset.

I thought the Xbox route was the only way now, least that’s what I’ve been told before.

I take the Xbox app off of my toolbar every time I reboot :)

Never used it, and hopefully never will. Don't think you need to go that route :)

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

This has been discussed many times, if you're looking for your content you bought from the store, it is in your CONTENT MANAGER.

He's not. He is looking on how to update his base simulation.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

I sympathize with the OP. I couldn't find the update either, before reading on this forum about the tiny "Library" icon at lower left of the Store's home page. It does not leap out at you. Even then, the next screen was also confusing: it gave me a choice of downloading the update for MSFS Standard, and (and/or?) updating via xBox. I chose the former.

But guess what? After doing the DL, opening MSFS and installing, I wasn't finished! -- If you have the "Deluxe Premium" edition, you have to do two more DLs, from the Content Manager.

Who would know to do all of that, in that order? As I recall, you used to be able to go to the Store, click on the cryptic 3 dots at top right, and a pull-down of available updates would appear. (Of course, you had to learn about the 3 dots, first.) Once we learned how to do that, of course, they changed the whole procedure and visuals, to keep us off balance and to add a note of screaming frustration to what could and should be easy as pie.

All this is emblematic of what I have come to call the "Computer Morons." These are preternaturally smart people who nonetheless display an imbecilic lack of awareness of what someone on the other side of the interface will see and readily understand.