Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A smart person required....

Ok gents,I've changed and added the lines to the top and then done as Tom suggests^^
    and mad all waypoints into a single file in Notepad.
    then opened XML Notepad,pointed it to the Notepad txt file to create an XML file,this is what I get:

"Your XML document contains no xml-stylesheet processing instruction. To provide an XSLT transform, add the following to the top of your file and edit the href attribute accordingly:

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="stylesheet.xsl"?>

You can also enter the XSLT file name using the above text box, but this will not persist with your XML document.

The following HTML is provided by the default XSLT transform which is designed to pretty print your XML document. "

What are you trying to do? My XML code compiles directly into a BGL file with BGLComp. There is no further editing required.

I believe the tool you are trying to use is incompatible with FS XML format.
    Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Hi Chris
    This is a new lease of life for me!
    With various Government issued documents I've run up waypoints for Ted Stephens area,San Francisco and just finished a few waypoints for an accurate plan up into Lukla,Nepal.It's very intense work though with my two PC screens here but am enjoying every minute of it.Thanks for the encouragement.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Miggers View Post
    Ok gents,I've changed and added the lines to the top and then done as Tom suggests and mad all waypoints into a single file in Notepad.
    As Tom points out, for what ever reason you don't seem to be using BGLCOMP, the tool for the job from the FS2004 SDK.
    For this purpose you don't need "XML Notepad" or any other third party utility, just the standard Notepad that comes with every version of Windows, then compile using BGLCOMP given the conditions laid out in the SDK and mentioned in my previous reply to stinnes.
    Last edited by chris_eve; 01-14-2022 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stinnes View Post
    Hi Chris
    This is a new lease of life for me!
    With various Government issued documents I've run up waypoints for Ted Stephens area,San Francisco and just finished a few waypoints for an accurate plan up into Lukla,Nepal.It's very intense work though with my two PC screens here but am enjoying every minute of it.Thanks for the encouragement.
    Tim
    Excellent … pleased you're achieving what you want. I'm very much a vfr simmer, following roads, rivers and railway lines and looking out for power stations and the like to follow my course, so I've never "met" an actual waypoint in FS

I've converted it to an xml file,the drag and dropped it onto the bglcomp application,but all it does
    is flashes very quickly and doesn't seem to produce a BGL file.
    Last edited by Miggers; 01-14-2022 at 04:28 PM.

I've converted it to an xml file,the drag and dropped it onto the bglcomp application,but all it does
    is flashes very quickly and doesn't seem to produce a BGL file.
    Don't "drop" it, open a Command Prompt and run bglcomp from there, as per the instructions in the SDK, then you'll get an error message telling you, albeit probably cryptically, what any problems are.
    One thing to note, when "dropping" files onto command line executables, the filename of the file being "dropped" mustn't contain any spaces or other illegal characters.
    From the Command Line, bglcomp filename.xml is good but bglcomp file name.xml won't work, you need to surround the file name in quotes viz :- bglcomp "file name.xml"

Make sure you use Notepad or other pure text editor. Programs like Word usually do not create such files.
    Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Well tutored gentlemen,the job is sorted after a lot of faff and tinkering.

Well tutored gentlemen,the job is sorted after a lot of faff and tinkering.
    Excellent
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Enjoy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast