Microsoft Sidewinder (X05-92622) Force Feedback 2 Joystick Problem

Good afternoon and a Happy New Year!

My Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick has given excellent service for the past 20 years but I've just switched it on and the green LED is flashing and I have no force feedback.

When I Googled this problem, every answer says that it is a PSU fault but I've removed that board and measured 26 volts output which I believe is correct.

Does someone with experience of these joysticks have any suggestions, please?

I have a Sidewinder (Precision 2) which is not FF. Works perfect in FS9 and FSX Accel. You did not say what sim you are trying to make it work in but I suspect MSFS (AND/OR Win 10 / 11). Haven't tried MSFS but I believe I read somewhere that the FF model will not work in MSFS. Especially if you modded the electronics. 26 volts (anywhere on board) doesn't sound right to me, either. Good luck.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Ok. But you still did no specify what Sim you are NOW trying to use it in. Or, what version of windows you are trying to make it work in. Would help. Like I said Win 10/11 or MSFS and you will not be able to make it work (from what I read in forums).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

• 5 weeks later...
Ok. But you still did no specify what Sim you are NOW trying to use it in. Or, what version of windows you are trying to make it work in. Would help. Like I said Win 10/11 or MSFS and you will not be able to make it work (from what I read in forums).

Chuck B

Napamule

Sorry for late reply but lots of things have got in the way!

The joystick has worked perfectly for 20 years in FSX (and previously in FS2004) with Win 10 (previously Win 7).

Anyhow, I've got it fixed for just over £100 and can recommend Electronic Partners of Telford for anyone in the UK.

As they say: "We fix things that others can't!" :)

• 1 month later...