Auto rudder not working in helicopters.

DojoFS

For those who don't have a twistable joystick or rudder pedals, auto rudder can be used for flying helicopters. I want to use auto rudder so that I don't strain my wrist (twisting the joystick) or my legs (using the rudder pedals), but unfortunately when I switch the auto rudder on, the helicopter still turns. Am I missing something obvious?

Mr Zippy is right. You NEED to use rudder for flying an helo.

The "synchro" habit of using collective and rudder is an essence for rotary flying.

i7-4790K @4400 on Gigabyte Z97X (16gb), GeForce GTX 970 OC, Corsair Spec case

Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5

Saitek yoke/rudder radio/multi/switch panels, Logitech G13, GMap on Samsung tab

• 3 weeks later...
My joystick is spring-centered so when I hold it twisted my arm hurts, but fortunately I have the Dodosim 206 which has cyclic force trim so that I can avoid workload when using the cyclic. The manual says autorudder can be enabled if your joystick can't be twisted or if you have no rudder pedals, but the helicopter still turns and the Dodosim 206 doesn't have anti-torque pedal force trim. Over Christmas I installed helicopter autopilot by Antti Pankonen and Dirk Fassbender into the Dodosim 206 but I found it hard to use because it's different to ordinary autopilot in fixed-wing aircraft (one difference I noticed is there's no airspeed hold adjustment knob) and some of the Dodosim 206 features had been affected by it, two switches were in the on position and I couldn't get them back to off until I rebooted FSX during the simulation. The only joystick I can find that looks like a basic joystick (example: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro) and isn't spring-centered is the Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback 2, although it's discontinued because of terrible sales it is still being sold on Ebay regularly.