Captainsim

drsmart

Ranked only below Carenado. Pretty as a picture, and about as much use.

Check for compliance with your sim, it may be a shock!

I bit the bullet today and threw away £7.77 in order to confirm a suspicion.

I bought the Legendary C-130 for FS9 over a decade ago and it's been my favourite plane ever since. When I replaced Win XP with Win 10, I had trouble installing it from the original download. (That's a long story involving P3d, a hammer and some Just Flight DVDs).

Today I tried a new purchase & download. Received an order number, downloaded the installer, ran it... It couldn't retrieve the order number from Captain Sim's server.

Some years ago, CS ceased support for 32-bit sims. A while after that, they seem to have moved web address but I believe that as support for 32-bit had ended, they never updated the installer with the new address. This means that old products' installers look for the order number in a non-existent address.

The result is that they don't work.

Captain Sim don't support 32-bit sims so you won't get any help there either. Despite them undoubtedly knowing that their installers don't work, they do, however, still offer all those old products for sale.

No support, no refunds, and after a quick search of their forum just to check on other people's experiences, I can confirm their treatment of customers is dismissive bordering on rude. As can these people:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/captainsim.com

D

• 4 months later...

And now in 2022, they release a "product", the C-130, that has a nice exterior model...

no sounds, just default King Air sound.

no realism in flight handling behavior, the dynamics seem from something else.

no panel. I mean there are no 2D panels in MSFS that I know of, so this is the same

no cockpit. None. Not even a default MSFS cockpit. You just get the view of the outside, as if someone chopped off the entire nose section of the plane and removed the dash panel!!!!

All that for the low low price of free! Nope, wait, for $15 US. I think for freeware in say 2004 this would have been acceptable, as you could have found or made a 2D panel for it. But I doubt many would be happy for this as freeware in 2022... but this is $15 ?!?!

So I looked up their forum. They doubt they will make a 3d cockpit for it.

I don't get it. Soooo many other devs both free and payware have given us nice to outstanding 3d cockpits... current "glass" and vintage so old that none are flying today IRL !!!

It's even stranger since they made an awesome C-130 that DID have a 3D cockpit and fancy soundpack from real Herc recordings, for FS2004 and FSX... but for MSFS, "NO PIT FOR YOU!!!"

I'm boycotting their company.

At least until I hear that they change their ways, become nicer, and offer a complete product at an ok price. And get good reviews. Buuuuuuut.... might be a long wait.

Edited by Herc79