Honda Jet window shade problem

Badger26

I recently got the Honda Jet freeware addon from FlyAwaySimulation but I can't seem to get the interior cabin window shades to open. I even tried editing the config to a simpler key command like Shift+W or something like that and it still won't work. There also seems to be no way to edit the aircraft config file so the window shades are open by default. Just has a bunch of effects and view config options and no animations options. Its a real bummer they are closed by default because its one of the few addons with an interior cabin passenger view and the whole point of switching to a cabin passenger view is to be able to look out the window. Does anyone know of or have a fix for this?

Window shade is set for Shift+e+2. Are you holding down the shift key and then hitting the e key and letting go of all, then hitting the 2 key? Don't try to hit them all at once. It's using the cargo door opener for the curtains.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I'm starting to get the feeling this an issue with FSX more so than an issue with the addon. Its as if the default key command mapping program in FSX interferes with addons that have custom mapped features and the addons that has 3 or more keys to activate something and renders the function completely useless. I've experienced it with a payware C17 addon making it impossible to open the rear cargo ramp of that addon. I tried pressing every combination of the window curtain command and nothing works. Even tried deleting what I had to number buttons and the problem still persists. Edited by Badger26

These are the default commands as set by the author (HAMA) As described in the readMe file:

Cabin Door [shift+E]

Window Curtain [shift+E] then [2]

Front Cargo Doo [shift+E] then [3]

Rear Cargo Doo [shift+E] then [4]

As for looking out the window I use my Hat switch and turn in the direction of thee window. Mind you this is not a static view.

They all work for me.

Berlopez

No they are not closed by default. Use [shift]+E Then 2 and they Open do that command again and they close. I used to make a mistake which was not letting the sim load by default, thereby letting it load properly. Allow it to load your default flight, or what ever you have. then load your addon. This has saved me a lot of trouble.

Berlopez

• 1 month later...
Trying it agin now it won't open anymore. Not sure what happened really. I swear its as if the custom commands for addons are just buggy AF now. I even tried doing another clean uninstall and reinstall of the Honda Jet addon and I still get the same issue. I think the developer may have screwed up the original config file somehow not the window curtains won't work no matter what I do. Really wish FSX had a way for us to add custom commands in the button mapping.

These are the commands in the "Read Me"

Cabin Door [shift+E]

Window Curtain [shift+E] then [2]

Front Cargo Doo [shift+E] then [3]

Rear Cargo Doo [shift+E] then [4]

Though I haven't flown it for some time, I enjoyed that plane as much as any I've flown in a sim. I and a few others even used it as our primary plane in the "Around The World in Eighty Days Rally" a few years back.

I logged many flight hours as I landed and took off at various airports all over the world. Of course to keep our progress up to date for the rally, we had to save the flight at a new location and file shots from where you were to wherever you ended up on any given day. Then restart the flight at the last save to begin the next leg. I don't even remember the exact number of flights I made but it was surely over 40-50 flights, complete with new saves, and flight restarts.

I never had a problem opening and closing the door/s, or window curtains using the controls as you listed here. As popular a piece of freeware as this was, I doubt any of the module has been changed since then.

Perhaps you're having a timing issue, as in taking too long or short a time to press the numerical instruction part?

Michael

Edited by Rupert
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Hama the author also says in the ReadMe:

"A shadow is indicated in the body. Remove a check." I've never seen this shadow, and although I've checked the .cfg for a "check" Never found it either, hasn't bothered me at all. Glad you got it to work. Personaly I changed the sound file. the aliased Learjet snd. didn't do it justice, as far as I am concern. So I installed: Ultra Realistic RB211 Soundset for FS2004/FSX

Created by Sanjay Blair -----> http://www.youtube.com/user/sanjayblr. I wrote to HAMA For permission, but never got a reply?

Berlopez

Well something happened because it no longer works even when I try changing the config. It still won't work even after deleting and reinstalling the addon. Any chance this could be a DirectX 10 issue causing the problem? I know DirectX 10 has given tons of issues to FSX recentily some I've had to use 3rd party addons to fix.

Well something happened because it no longer works even when I try changing the config. It still won't work even after deleting and reinstalling the addon. Any chance this could be a DirectX 10 issue causing the problem? I know DirectX 10 has given tons of issues to FSX recentily some I've had to use 3rd party addons to fix.

Simple enough to go to your settings and uncheck the DX10 Preview box and see if it makes a difference.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Tried with DX10 preview both on and off and still nothing. I also tried fixing the aircraft config myself and making the commands as followed; Shift E: main exit Shift + E then 1: window curtains Shift E then 2: front cargo door Shift E then 2: rear cargo door yet nothing works. I think the commands are simply broken for this addon and there's nothing I can do to fix it unless the developer who made the addon stepps in and fixes it.

• 3 weeks later...
Can anyone confirm this issue in FSX for me? It seems to only be happening when I try downloading and trying the addon. The config file seems to come downloaded in a messed up way with the line for the commands all messed up. I think this is somehow causing the issue. Still can't seem to fix it in the notepad program even after I change it and save it.

Hang in there, mate. I've been through slogs like this before, too. There are simmers on here who will notice this issue and come to your rescue. I've benefited from their wisdom, and eventually, so will you!

bushp04

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Fly Southern, Y'all"

bushp04