weather software

jgf

• 2 weeks later...

I've had and do have that same nonsense with FS"real"WX. That and the engine loads incorrect weather for a particular airport once the airplane is close enough to get an ATIS.

Like, the engine says the metar for MCI is "strong winds north", but then the ATIS goes on to say the winds are westerly and my flight plan is ruined because I had planned on arriving to the north...

Also stratus clouds disappear when you fly above the ceiling, but I think that's FS9.

Considering getting FS global. My computer says I have 1009MB, and the website says I need 1024MB. Costing $40, will the engine not run or not run right?

Carlos Si

I've had and do have that same nonsense with FS"real"WX. That and the engine loads incorrect weather for a particular airport once the airplane is close enough to get an ATIS.

Like, the engine says the metar for MCI is "strong winds north", but then the ATIS goes on to say the winds are westerly and my flight plan is ruined because I had planned on arriving to the north...

Also stratus clouds disappear when you fly above the ceiling, but I think that's FS9.

Considering getting FS global. My computer says I have 1009MB, and the website says I need 1024MB. Costing $40, will the engine not run or not run right?

FS Global is my preferred weather utility, although I keep FS Meteo as a standby as (being a pessimist) I cater for the fact that no web server is ever 100% reliable. It is discreet, reliable, and reasonably subtle with FS2004's weather area changes. When started, it will reload AI traffic to make sure everything is using the correct runways.

As for size, mine occupies 36.3 MB but allowance should be made for the installation process using more than that. However, if you have that little spare space on disc you are running at a high risk of issues generally anyway. You can install FS Global anywhere you like, even on another drive.

All weather programmes are limited to certain quirks of Flight Simulator such as the rain above cloud level. They are also all greatly enhanced with the use of high quality "3-D" clouds, if your setup can handle them.

Hope that helps,

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

FS Global is my preferred weather utility, although I keep FS Meteo as a standby as (being a pessimist) I cater for the fact that no web server is ever 100% reliable. It is discreet, reliable, and reasonably subtle with FS2004's weather area changes. When started, it will reload AI traffic to make sure everything is using the correct runways.

As for size, mine occupies 36.3 MB but allowance should be made for the installation process using more than that. However, if you have that little spare space on disc you are running at a high risk of issues generally anyway. You can install FS Global anywhere you like, even on another drive.

All weather programmes are limited to certain quirks of Flight Simulator such as the rain above cloud level. They are also all greatly enhanced with the use of high quality "3-D" clouds, if your setup can handle them.

Hope that helps,

John

Thanks for the help! What I meant to ask is if the 3D graphics card of 1009MB is enough since the specs says it needs 1024 MB on the graphics card.

Carlos Si