Back to Fsx

flyingrailman

Has anyone had the feeling that there is something not quite right with MSFS, well it took me a while to suss what I thought it was. I don't know if others have noticed but the scenery looks too contrived to me, in other words it doe's not look natural. So taking that in hand I uninstalled same and re-installed Fsx with all my photo scenery of the British Isles and the difference is very apparent from the start, the countryside of uk looks proper, no big poi posts sticking up with airfields signposted which way to go, at least the midland towns look like as they should and navigation is as it should be to find your way about.

All that said has anyone come across the situation that the fs switches off and a welcome message appears on screen with and I quote "Thank you for trying out the trial version of Flight sim X If liked please don't hesitate to purchase the full version "unquote.

So i am only getting about 30-40 minutes of flight each time I fly. I am using Fsx with photo scenery and acceleration X and despite trying to get through to Microsoft without success and the FS is fully registered with the codes given I am given to flying only short hops. Any suggestions would be welcome. To all you flight simmers have good Christmas and may all your landing be good ones.

PS One glaring omission from my version of the photo scenery Hadrian's wall is nowhere to be seen??.and yet when flying low level near the campsite at Haltwhistle the remains of Featherstone old POW camp sticks out a mile yet is a lot younger than the aforementioned wall.

I found the same with MSFS, the colours are just too bright. I adjusted the hue and saturation levels on my monitor very slightly to tone down the cartoonish colours without hitting the FPS, and I'm quite happy with the results. Here's part of Hadrian's Wall near Haltwhistle:

Hadrians Wall.jpg

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Has anyone had the feeling that there is something not quite right with MSFS...

Yes, approximately one minute after reading about its incarnation last year or the year before (2019 and 2020 are one - big - damn - blur).

I do hope the product matures though. Well, at least one can only hope in the interest of the Sim. Even though I have the money to buy it, I'm not going to any time soon.

Now according to Microsoft's annually required filling with the SEC, it is reported the following:

Office Commercial products and cloud services revenue increased 18% (up 16% in constant currency) driven by Office 365 Commercial revenue growth of 23% (up 21% in constant currency)

However, they say this:

Xbox content and services revenue increased 2% (relatively unchanged in constant currency)

Very interesting. I'm wondering if Flight Simulator (FS2020) is more of a cash cow cloud wise or via POS (Point Of Sale)? Now of course that may be a no brainier given the fact you PAY for all that wonderful GET request cloud stuff. I guess you can cache it on your own hard drive/s?

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/789019/000119312521307941/d239488dex991.htm

I found the same with MSFS, the colours are just too bright. I adjusted the hue and saturation levels on my monitor very slightly to tone down the cartoonish colours without hitting the FPS, and I'm quite happy with the results. Here's part of Hadrian's Wall near Haltwhistle:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]228314[/ATTACH]

I used something called SweetFX in FS2004. Is that not possible today with FS2020?

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

I used something called SweetFX in FS2004. Is that not possible today with FS2020?

Yes it is, with Reshade which also works with FSX & P3D. There are a few presets packages available at flightsim.to. I always get an FPS hit with Reshade, that's why I adjusted my monitor instead.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?316820-Product-Activation-Error-Windows-10

Perform the registry tweak in mr.zippys reply #2 and then run the fsx registration again.

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs