Flight MH370 may have been found

CRJ_simpilot

An aerospace engineer claims to have found Malaysia Airlines flight 370 using revolutionary new tracking technology.

British expert Richard Godfrey claims the plane crashed into the Indian Ocean 1993km west of Perth and lies 4000m below the surface.

-snip-

Mr Godfrey said he used a high tech system called weak signal propagation to track the plane’s final movements.

He describes the technology as a “bunch of tripwires that work in every direction over the horizon to the other side of the globe”.

As planes fly through these “tripwires” the signal is disrupted.

https://7news.com.au/sunrise/on-the-show/expert-claims-to-have-found-mh370-in-major-missing-plane-breakthrough-c-4765991

I find this very interesting for two reasons:

A) Even though I'm a radio communications hobbyist, I never new weak signal propagation existed where you could look this up in some database.

and

B) It's really interesting because I was going to buy something called a KrakenSDR which is a Software Defined Radio that can be used for two chief purposes: direction finding a radio transmitter and passive radar. Passive radar with this device means you aim your antenna at a known radio transmitter like an FM broadcast transmitter and then aim another antenna at some point in the sky. What'll happen is that as planes fly through this area you'll see a deviation on your display. It's called passive radar because it's completely passive where you the operator is not transmitting a signal to get a return.

So just learning about this MH370 story is very interesting having just followed the Crowd Supply campaign for the KrakenSDR. The KrakenSDR and its future rivals will change the game "big league" when it comes to locating rouge RF transmissions. A whole bunch of KrakenSDRs can be networked and thus immediate triangulation of a rouge transmitter can be found. So if you're ever planing on jumping on some ham radio repeater without a license, you'll be found right quick. The technology will evolve to other uses as well which pretty much solidifies the fact the future has no privacy and the psyche of the people will seemingly accept it. It's like a certain book called 1984...

Anyway, very cool stuff. And good on Mr. Godfrey for thinking outside the box about utilizing weak signal propagation to find this missing aircraft.

Full disclosure. I'm going to do a full copy/paste of my text here to my website.