PMDG DC-6 by PMDG Simulations?

Has anyone here purchased and flown the PMDG DC-6? I have a serious craving for this aircraft but wanted some experienced opinions before I purchase it...I have never paid as much for any simulator add-on and sure would appreciate any advice given! Thanks...

Steve

Steve in Kansas

7 Miles NW of KGCK

Two thumbs up.

Zero issues here after many hours flown.

It flies as expected with a nice built-in Flight Engineer that handles aircraft switches/settings for flight conditions (Pre-Flight, Engine Start, Accent, Crz etc.), if you so desire.

Pretty much in line with the quality of all PMDG products.

Edited by Paxx

PMDG is very well known for their 747 and 737 products being tops... and yet, it seems to me that the DC-6 is their "personal gem"... maybe done more for their own satisfaction than profit motive. It's a point of pride for them I think!

So... IF they get enough sales in the DC-6, which they made for MSFS2020 but also Xplane-11... they have hinted they MIGHT do a DC-3... and might at that time have access to a real DC-3, (courtesy of a friend?)

PMDG is very well known for their 747 and 737 products being tops... and yet, it seems to me that the DC-6 is their "personal gem"... maybe done more for their own satisfaction than profit motive. It's a point of pride for them I think!

So... IF they get enough sales in the DC-6, which they made for MSFS2020 but also Xplane-11... they have hinted they MIGHT do a DC-3... and might at that time have access to a real DC-3, (courtesy of a friend?)

The owner of PMDG, Robert Randazzo, owns a DC-3. They flew it transatlantic a year or two ago for the 75th anniversary of D-Day.