AI aircraft stopping during taxi

ColR1948

I've had this before and forgot what I did to cure it, I know in some cases it can be the afcad. I recently downloaded Mike Stone's Beechcraft Bonanza from the library, I have it flying as an AI and it flies great, but on taxi I have to time advance to get it to move then at certain parts it stops and inches forward then goes again.

It isn't the airfield as I have got other AI moving no problem, I'm wondering if to tweak the aircraft.cfg and see if I can fix it, any ideas please?

I know some will say it is a flyable and download an AI version instead but I like this one plus I repainted it lol.

Col.

I've had this before and forgot what I did to cure it, I know in some cases it can be the afcad. I recently downloaded Mike Stone's Beechcraft Bonanza from the library, I have it flying as an AI and it flies great, but on taxi I have to time advance to get it to move then at certain parts it stops and inches forward then goes again.

It isn't the airfield as I have got other AI moving no problem, I'm wondering if to tweak the aircraft.cfg and see if I can fix it, any ideas please?

I know some will say it is a flyable and download an AI version instead but I like this one plus I repainted it lol.

Col.

I just installed this one as well, inspired by the recent upload of a bunch of new textures for it. I've not had a deal of time to play with it, yet, but I do notice that the landing gear seemed invisible when viewed from outside when I flew it briefly. The wheel doors open and close, but the wheels etc. show only briefly, if at all!

A bit later!

Just set it up in my "test" environment as an ai aircraft, using the original textures, and it all seems perfectly normal, taxiing and flying around doing t&g's like a good 'un.

Edited by chris_eve

Hi guys, I downloaded another model and used part of that aircraft cfg to tweak the problem one.

It sat on the tarmac contacted ATC and when it got clearance it sat there, I had to again x2 time advance and it moved off, once moving it taxi OK and took off and flew fine.

@Bernard, yes mate I was following with TVB, I always place it either on the helipad or on a free stand.

As for using it as an AI I removed the VC as well using Hex Editor.

Col.

Update: I went to a different airfield and set an AI flight plan for 2 Beech Bonanza the one I was following got stuck till I advanced x2 then it taxiid OK but the one behind never got stuck.

So I'm thinking Bernard might be on to something when you mentioned Traffic View Board, the one I was following got stuck as I said but not the other.

Col.

Are these airports add-on airports? With my experience with AFCADs I can tell you if nodes don't connect just right you'll create a notch in the pattern so to speak. If these are add-on airports and you're familiar with Airport Design Editor, you can run the check for airport errors option and see if any node related issues appear. Could be unlinked nodes, the wrong node, or nodes that are too close to one another. Often times the taxi path is set to a very small size in an effort to hide the yellow line which is not how you do that. So if the taxi path is set too small, aircraft have a tendency of getting confused.

Absent of an airport issue? Is this the only problematic aircraft? If so, I'd suspect the aircraft and not the airport at all. What is the file name for this aircraft? It's actually been a very long time since I flew in the Sim, but I could check it out. Freaking crazy because I used to fly everyday for at least an hour. I might be a little rusty.

Update: I went to a different airfield and set an AI flight plan for 2 Beech Bonanza the one I was following got stuck till I advanced x2 then it taxiid OK but the one behind never got stuck.

So I'm thinking Bernard might be on to something when you mentioned Traffic View Board, the one I was following got stuck as I said but not the other.

Col.

Might be worth trying Traffic Explorer from the SDK instead of your gauge. I know it's a bit clunky, especially if you've got a lot of traffic, but it might help isolate the symptoms.

I used to have that Tom but not installed it since I put FS9 back on, I might try it again.

I'll check the radius, good thinking.

@CRJ, No Aaron these were default airfields, I know what you mean about some afcads, I've had to mod some in the past. On this subject one of my pet hates is backtrack airfields, a lot of times the AI get stuck turning round at the end of the runway. I sometimes add a taxiway to eliminate this fictional or not I just do it.

Again Tom you hit the nail on the head, I installed Traffic Toolbox.

First I activated Traffic View Board, listened to the AI contact the tower, got clearance but just sat there.

So started FS again and I activated Traffic Toolbox, the AI moved off, taxi no problem, as it was ready for takeoff I activated TVB then followed it the whole journey.

So something it TVB has to be the cause, still I'll carry on doing it this way seeing as it works, thank you again Tom, if you had a $ for everyone you have helped you would have a nice little nest egg mate.

Col.