Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone used FSX on Windows 11 yet?

Default Has anyone used FSX on Windows 11 yet?

Good day good flight sim people.

My sim computer (specs in sig) died and I will be getting a new one under warranty (long story). I am sure it will arrive with Windows 11 installed and was wondering if it has been tried yet. I will not know the rest of the computer specs until it is about ready to ship.

If so are there any things that need to be done prior to the installation. I will be installing FSX Gold disc version if possible. I am aware of the sticky at the top of the forum.

Thanks for any thoughts
    Hal
    Alienware Aurora R13, I7-12700KF, 16g DDR5 4400 memory, 256g NVMe boot drive, 1 - 1t NVMe m.2 drive for Apps, 2 - 1t SSD for Data, GeForce RTX 3080 TI 12g, Windows 11 Pro.

Not used, but installed and started. Installation took very long and it felt that my DVD drive was dying, but in the end it worked perfectly fine.

From mobile hence short
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    The Owl's Nest * Military Aircraft Reference * ICAO Reference * Distance Calculator * MAIW & UKMil Reference

gsnde,

Thank you. That is the information I was hoping to get. I have had zero issues with FSX on W10, but as I stated the new computer is likely to have W11.

Thanks again
    Hal
    Alienware Aurora R13, I7-12700KF, 16g DDR5 4400 memory, 256g NVMe boot drive, 1 - 1t NVMe m.2 drive for Apps, 2 - 1t SSD for Data, GeForce RTX 3080 TI 12g, Windows 11 Pro.

Upgraded my computer to Windows 11 last week and had alot of issues loading the box version. I ended up buying the Steam Version and it's working fine. Had some issues with ActiveSky connecting and running with the Steam version, but downloaded the beta patch for it and now it's working fine too. Some learning curves to get it working, but have finished 2 flights in it now, and it's working fine.

As usual when you ask about FSX (or any of the other Flt Sims) in the various versions of Window, some have horrendous problems whilst others are problem free.

All set-ups are different, so we all get different results.

Only definite answer is to try it yourself!

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by TightGit View Post
    As usual when you ask about FSX (or any of the other Flt Sims) in the various versions of Window, some have horrendous problems whilst others are problem free.

All set-ups are different, so we all get different results.

Only definite answer is to try it yourself!

Good luck.
    Thank you for the reply.

You are correct, every system and it's environment is different. This I am quite aware of. Regardless of any other person's experience, I could very well face a different experience.

But, I now know that the program will work on W11 given the right setup. I can work from there.

Hal

Slightly off trackbut from what I've seen of Win 11 (which, I admit, is precious little) I'll have to be dragged kicking and screaming to use it.

Allan

FSX steam ran flawlessly in a virtualized Windows 11 via Parallels on my Mac mini M1.

Windows 11 has been working just fine for me. I think it's a little more stable than Windows 10 was, and aside for the minor differences between 10 and 11, I really like it so far. I have learned over the years to not put things where Windows wants to put them, such as Program Files, or even placing things in your personal profiles, mainly because of permission issues. And because of doing things that way, it has limited any permission issues I've had. And all my programs have run fine. Only issue I've had up to now with FSX:SE is that my QualityWings BAe-146 doesn't run on it. IN fact it crashes the sim whenever I select it. No other aircraft thus far has done that. But, not something that will frustrate me about the new setup, something I will work through, or around. I've been in IT over 25 years, and just another fun challenge for me to figure out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ac103010 View Post
    Slightly off trackbut from what I've seen of Win 11 (which, I admit, is precious little) I'll have to be dragged kicking and screaming to use it.

Allan
    Good call! At least as long as what you need is still doable on X. And it surely isn't as overwhelmed with unwanted ads!!!!

Having said that, X operations are getting more out of date every day. Sad to say, in time you will either be drug kicking and screaming to 11 or find another operating system instead. I've looked but not found it yet.
    Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast