Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: should I reload software

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    If you REALLY need peace of mind about your current install, just go to:

Start > Settings > Apps > Microsoft Flight Simulator > Advanced Options

Wait for it to load (which may take some time!) then scroll down to the Reset section and click on Repair - WARNING - don't click on Reset because that will delete MSFS.
    Hi Tim,
    This has come 2 days too late for me. From Friday, for whatever reason, every time I started sim it would crash. Research sent me on the path you suggest. My question, which may help others, clicking repair just puts a tick by it but nothing happens. Tried a couple more, still nothing so clicked reset. The sim started to reload like first ever download. Five hours later done! Not what I wanted to do, but it worked and sim now perfect. But why didn't repair do anything?
    Thanks,
    Roy

Repair does work, PDQ, and when the tick appears you're good to go and re-launch the sim. It doesn't spend any time re-downloading huge amounts of files, it simply resets a few system files so that the game will launch and run.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Xbox Series X and a big smile! Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k, Win 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    Repair does work, PDQ, and when the tick appears you're good to go and re-launch the sim. It doesn't spend any time re-downloading huge amounts of files, it simply resets a few system files so that the game will launch and run.
    Thanks for the explanation. When I saw the tick on repair I thought something would occur! I didn't realize that was done, hence activating reset and wasting a few precious hours!

Head in the cloud, a couple of things, you have to have FSX installed and also the latest Go Flight software from their website. it is the one that will download if you click on get software.

Once it is installed, you have to program the switches, buttons, autopilot for FSX, like you were going to use it for FSX. close FSX and go flight tools down to desktop. Once you are complete You should go to the Go flight installation software installation and make a shortcut for the GFDevFSX file to your desktop. I actually put it on my task bar so that I can click on it when needed.

Once you do this start MFS and select your flight, aircraft and start the flight. Once you are sitting in your cockpit, click on the shortcut to the GFDevFSX shortcut and you should light right up. I have 17 goflight modules, and they all light up. approximatley 95% of all functions work....throttle, autopilot will work and they all light up. Once you do this the whole time you are running simulator even if you change to another flight, you should be up and running with no problem.

Hope this helps\
    Hobbitrocks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12