Hi All,

I'm new to sim but not to flying.

However. I have MSFS 2020 up and running and I want to add MSFS Air Creation 582SL Ultralight from flyawaysimulation.com. The instructions are to extract the files to the MSFS Community directory.

Try as I might, I cannot work out where this is!

Ideas?

Dave

Like I said none of that worked but I think I've found it.

Turn on developer mode. Click on tools at the top left. Click on virtual file system. Click on community folder.

As this is a pretty essential part of the whole experience I'd have thought it would be made easier-- or am I being naive? Perhaps they only want paid addons?

There should never be a need to go into development mode in order to install add-ons (or to do anything, in normal operations). Most add-ons are designed to simply place the unzipped file into Community. That's it!

Use of an add-on manager such as MSFS Addons Linker, a free program available at flghtsim.to, is highly recommended for convenience, and to enable an orderly management of add-on files. A great advantage is that it loads only links to files, rather than the actual files, into Community; the files themselves can be stored anywhere, preferably on a different drive from MSFS. I believe that Addons Linker automatically finds your community folder during the installation process.

Guest Robert455
@dunbreck - It sounds like you are running the Xbox version in which case there isn’t a Community folder you can modify like is possible in the PC world. I think anything you want to run with FS2020 has to come from the Marketplace. Xbox is missing some of the roll up your sleeves and modify/add/delete files since it’s a closed and protected operating system and ecosystem. Not saying it won’t ever change but I haven’t heard any indications. Addon linkers and other references to unzipping and putting things in the Community folder don’t apply to Xbox pilots unfortunately. Edited by Robert455

@dunbreck - It sounds like you are running the Xbox version

There's a windows taskbar just visible along the bottom of his screenshot above.

Now I have this situation as shown in the attachment ---- what do I do next?

You don't install downloaded mods through the Content Manager, you need to quit the sim and move the unzipped mod folder manually into the Community folder.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64