Cessna 4xx series panel, nearing completion!

flightnerd86

More progression!

Seeing as the original Cessna 411 has a lot of unused space on the upper panel, I chose to go with an approximation of the 411 and 402 to make better use of screen real estate. This should make the panel usable for twins like the 402, 411 and 414. All the pictures I have found of those twins from that era shows a big variation in layout and panel configurations. With that in mind I have tried to make the panel as analog, useful, pretty and in line with real life pictures as possible. I did raise the viewpoint a bit so to speak, so now the glareshield appears a bit thinner. Many graphic elements I have converted myself from pictures and repainted.

Unfortunately I could not find a way to keep the radio stack as I first wanted it, with my custom Bendix/King graphics, so I had to compromise and use the standard layout for the radio part. But it worked out nice, and the radio panel has its own custom textured backpanel. Also, it is neccesary to have access to throttle and mixture levers, as well as flaps. Many of the gauges and gauge graphics are FS5.1 originals, albeit retouched. I also added the small "plane" graphic in the heading indicator as seen in the 411.

Additionally, I have borrowed and modified a few graphic elements from Marc Suxdorf and Kenneth Kerr. The chronometer .gau is from Peter Kruesis JU-52 and works perfectly with the buttons on the side, but the Davtron gauge graphics I have converted myself from a real picture and drawed further. So we now have working flight time stopwatch in the panel. The gear icon I have made myself, and is animated. The RPM gauge works nicely, and sits over the radio panel like on many 4xx panels. The manifold pressure gauge beside it is just eye candy, there is unfortunately no such .gau in FS5, also it is out of bounds anyway. But you get the impression. If anyone wants to help me make .gau files, please contact me. The back panel is easily changable and I have already nice textured versions in black, grey and 402 blue. All gauges are now in their right places and are working as they should. Almost all nighttime bleedthrough is eliminated. I've tested a lot and reworked what needed to be fixed, and made many improvements and cleaning up graphics.

This is a fun panel to fly with, and fits very well with Terry Hills Cessna 411 or Tekmates 414. There is no TAB switching, everything you need is in one panel. Except for a credit page I am working on, and I want a checklist page as well. Does anyone have the checklist for a 411 / 402?

fs5_229.jpg

fs5_231.jpg

fs5_219.jpg