Cub Crafters NX Cub

tiger1962

The Cub Crafters NX Cub is a new addition to the MSFS default fleet, introduced in Sim Update 7. It's a tricycle version of the traditional two-seat Cub with touch-screen avionics, full autopilot, and constant-speed prop. The detailing on the model is exquisite, down to the stitching on the wing fabric along the ribs.

My checkride begins at Haverfordwest EGFE, in Southwest Wales, heading to Aberporth EGFA a little further up the coast, in a default preset weather setting due to severe live weather conditions today.

Lined up and ready to go, the details on the upper surfaces of the wings are evident even from here:

NXCub01.jpg

The pilot's eye view of a tiny but luxurious cockpit with all mod cons, including weight-saving carbon fibre panels:

NXCub02.jpg

Up and away over the parked regional and executive aircraft at Haverfordwest - is that an Islander down there?

NXCub03.jpg

Down to our right there's an Eastern Airways Jetscream - er - Jetstream:

NXCub04.jpg

After a bit of fumbling with the Autopilot, we're on course and at cruise altitude - the AP follows the course which was shown on the World map page, not the magenta line on the GPS - Ah well, the scenery makes up for it:

NXCub05.jpg

The NXCub's insect-like appearance and size is emphasized by the majesty of the Welsh mountains below:

NXCub06.jpg

Soon we're crossing lush green pastures with misty hills to our right:

NXCub07.jpg

While on our left, a solitary wind turbine waves us past the perilous cliffs of the Glamorgan coastline:

NXCub08.jpg

Passing the end of the runway at Aberporth to our left, and crossing over a solar energy farm - how green is my valley:

NXCub09.jpg

Plenty of room for parking this tiny thing, but I'll follow the guidance of the ground crew:

NXCub10.jpg

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks Col, I forgot to mention that the airports are default too - the buildings are generic but the ground details are spot on.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks for posting Tim, great pics of the Cub:cool::cool:

It's not often I agree with that seriously old man who often dives into the water. But he nailed it for once! Great shots!! Now if only Microsoft would allow people to as they have always in the past use multiple screens instead of seeing only the XBox point of view. I'd love to be spending time with the sim I already bought and paid for!!

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.