Unexpected Control Problems

I read the notes on the latest release and updates. Some things I expected, others not so. On takeoff I have no throttle control, wide open throttle, the brake release is not functioning. Now what?

On RNAV approaches I expected problems and they are there.

Omen 45L - Intel i9-12900K W/Liquid Cooler - 64Gb DDR4-3733MHz Heatsink RAM - GeForce RTX3080 - ATX 800W 80+ Gold PSU - 1x2 TB WD Black M.2 SSD. - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit- Logitech Pro Flight Rudder Pedals- TrackIR v5 - Sony 4K 75" TV Monitor - Modified Obutto OZone Cockpit.

I can fix one problem. Then the original problem pops up, loss of power on final. Plane keeps getting slower and slower, keep adding power, nothing happens. Have to hit escape or crash.
Omen 45L - Intel i9-12900K W/Liquid Cooler - 64Gb DDR4-3733MHz Heatsink RAM - GeForce RTX3080 - ATX 800W 80+ Gold PSU - 1x2 TB WD Black M.2 SSD. - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit- Logitech Pro Flight Rudder Pedals- TrackIR v5 - Sony 4K 75" TV Monitor - Modified Obutto OZone Cockpit.

Which plane? Realism settings??

G58 Baron, all assists are on.

Have you tried another plane to see if the problem persists?

I will try it with the Bonanza. On final the engines starting surging, can't hold manifold pressure after the f.a.f.

all assists are on.

Maybe that’s the problem? The co-pilot (A.l.) is controlling the plane

If turning the assists off doesn’t sort it, try re-binding the brake & throttle controls. I use an old throttle lever for the parking brake. It wouldn’t work after SU7 until I removed the binding and then rebound it.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

If turning the assists off doesn’t sort it, try re-binding the brake & throttle controls. I use an old throttle lever for the parking brake. It wouldn’t work after SU7 until I removed the binding and then rebound it.

Regards

Steve

I tried removing all assists. Aircraft is impossible to fly. Can't hold the nose up at all. It's like trying to ride a wild horse.

SU7 and Garmin 9.1 has totally screwed my SIM up. This is ridiculous.

Does anyone have the link to Working Title on Discord?

I don’t often fly the Baron G58, but thought I’d try it now… did a quick circuit around Leeds/Bradford. No problems at all.

How did it go with the Bonanza? If you’re having the same problems, then try rebinding your throttles etc and see if it makes a difference.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve, I have been trying to bind an old throttle lever to the parking brakes but have not had any success. How did you do it? I also would like to bind 3 pull levers for heater controls/anti ice controls on the left lower panel of the Baron 58 to throttle levers but have had no success either. Can you help me with that also? I would very much appreciate it.

Regards

Kevin

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

I don’t often fly the Baron G58, but thought I’d try it now… did a quick circuit around Leeds/Bradford. No problems at all.

How did it go with the Bonanza? If you’re having the same problems, then try rebinding your throttles etc and see if it makes a difference.

Regards

Steve

I am going to make a video of this problem. Nobody else is having this problem but me. I had other problems as well. I had to go back and rebind some of my controls. But the problem only shows up from the final approach fix to I have to make a decision or crash. I tried a missed approach. The engines responded and I start to climb out and the engines fell flat again.

Regards

Steve

I tried the Bonanza same identical results. Everything is fine till Final Approach Fix. From that point on steadily losing engine power. RPM is jumping up and down. I don't have a clue what is going on here. All these aircraft have glass cockpits. Something in SU7 or Garmin update is causing this. I did not have these problems Wednesday before the updates.

Did you check to make sure the flight model did not get switched from Modern to Legacy? It should be Modern.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Hi Steve, I have been trying to bind an old throttle lever to the parking brakes but have not had any success. How did you do it? I also would like to bind 3 pull levers for heater controls/anti ice controls on the left lower panel of the Baron 58 to throttle levers but have had no success either. Can you help me with that also? I would very much appreciate it.

Regards

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I’m pretty sure there used to be parking brake on and off settings before the update. However, now there is only a “set parking brake” setting (& a toggle setting)

So what I did.. made sure the lever is halfway.. selected “set parking brake” and moved the lever down.

It detected the L-Axis X+ and works as previously.

I presume the heating controls will work the same way, but I’ve got buttons on the bravo for that,

Regards

Steve

https://youtu.be/qVzZebrVLIw

Video of flight.

Thanks Steve! I will give it a go and see what happens.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

I have a ran tests with the Cessna 172 Garmin, G36 Bonanza, and they do not have any problems at ILS approaches. The Baron G58 will fly the ILS approach with no problems. It will not fly the RNAV @ FLO for runway 19 without problems. I tried F2 and F3 to control the throttle on the RNAV, did not work. I can take the Baron up to 2000 feet and slow it down to 90 kts and fly a controlled descent to 800 feet with no problems. There is something wrong with the RNAV approach.

Have you tried other RNAV approaches in the Baron?

I did the RNAV 19 approach to KFLO today without problem in the Baron.

It's just weird what's going on in your video.

I just flew an RNAV approach at KFAY runway 04. Same Problem. Recorded it as well. All I can say is that if the aircraft will fly an ILS approach at the same airports as I am having problems with on the RNAV it is RNAV related. There is no problem with the Honeycomb Throttle Quadrant it doesn't know the difference. Again all this started after SU7 & 9.0 was downloaded.

Problem solved. I shot the co-pilot. Ain't MSFS 2020 fun!

Problem solved. I shot the co-pilot. Ain't MSFS 2020 fun!

A bit drastic, but whatever works :D

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

well ...

I was plagued by this problem too...after much reading and several trials and lots of frustration it clicked!

I read a reply that suggested it could be the flight assistant that is taking over control and thus the cause of our problems of losing control after take off and during flight.

I went into the Assistant Options and turned off all Piloting assists and AI stuff

9 items in all.

My planes now follow my control :0)

Thanks to g7rta & MadMav24 who first suggested that this was the issue.

well ...

I was plagued by this problem too...after much reading and several trials and lots of frustration it clicked!

I read a reply that suggested it could be the flight assistant that is taking over control and thus the cause of our problems of losing control after take off and during flight.

I went into the Assistant Options and turned off all Piloting assists and AI stuff

9 items in all.

My planes now follow my control :0)

Thanks to g7rta & MadMav24 who first suggested that this was the issue.

I'm glad you figured it out. It was 5 days of utter frustration for me. There is a lot of good help here. Just shared experience makes a big difference.