AIG AI Manager

With all the snafus I have read about and had a few myself I am getting a pretty good handle on MSFS having FS9 and FSX since 2004-2006 helps so I stumbled across the AIG AI free add on and a tutorial and it works! I think I got lucky but I do have a few questions if anyone here can help and the first on I have Frontier and Southwest airlines showing up in Sydney Australia and Tokyo as well as other places I didn't think they flew to and just wondered why. I am sure there are other unrealistic things happening it still sure is fun since one of my favorite past times is jumping in a Stearman and go checking out the AI I have installed in all my Sims thanks to MAIW and WOAI. Another question I have and remember from FSX a couple airline models missing textures and just showing up white. In my FSX I was able to actually locate the folder the was the culprit and either remove it or add a texture not sure how to do it in MSFS. MY MSFS build:

Using a KVM Switch to watch a larger screen

ASUS - ROG Zephyrus M15 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q - 1TB SSD

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Make sure you have ground traffic set to zero and the main traffic option set to “off” (as opposed to ai-offline or real-time traffic). This assumes you are using AIG Traffic Controller to inject the traffic. Any of the Asobo settings aren’t smart enough to know not to put a Southwest plane on the ground in Sydney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frontier does fly to Sydney. I looked it up. Who knew!

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Glad you were able to get it to work.

I tried a couple of times following the excellent video tutorial but still managed to screw it up somehow. I will keep trying though after the frustration levels come down to a reasonable level. Not blaming the arrow, blaming the indian. It's all my fault.

....Signature not required for delivery....

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

**Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

Don't give up, I was able to get it to work which was a real surprise. One thing that tripped me up and still is a pain is the number of characters allowed in the registry warning window. Just say ok and move on butit continues to pop up and slow me down. The feature to allow more in the windows 10 home is not there (good ol micro poop)

Mike G.

The feature to allow more in the windows 10 home is not there (good ol micro poop)

It requires a registry hack, see this article which gives you a step-by-step guide:

https://www.howtogeek.com/266621/how-to-make-windows-10-accept-file-paths-over-260-characters/

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Don't give up, I was able to get it to work which was a real surprise. One thing that tripped me up and still is a pain is the number of characters allowed in the registry warning window. Just say ok and move on butit continues to pop up and slow me down. The feature to allow more in the windows 10 home is not there (good ol micro poop)

I cant even get that far. I get to the part where I have extracted the files and have them on my desktop. I open the AIG AIMAnager folder and right click on the run as administrator. I get the pop up saying it needs to update. I click ok and then its a waiting game. Shut down computer after about 30 mins with no luck. Restarted and tried it again. No pop up saying to update. So I figure it could take a min or 2....30 mins later and still nothing. Now I have to spend the $$ on the one that has pointy nosed A/C but with real world livery.

....Signature not required for delivery....

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

**Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

I tried that but I do not have a filesystem folder in the path

Mike G.

I tried that but I do not have a filesystem folder in the path

OK, try either of these methods instead:

1. Hit the Windows key, type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

2. Navigate to Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Filesystem > NTFS.

3. Double click the Enable NTFS long paths option and enable it.

1. Hit the Windows key, type regedit and press Enter.

2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Group Policy Objects\ {48981759-12F2-42A6-A048-028B3973495F} Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Policies

3. Select the LongPathsEnabled key, or create it as a DWORD (32-bit) value if it does not exist.

4. Set the value to 1 and close the Registry Editor.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

The first method I cannot do because I have no filesystem folder in windows 10 home. The second method I am brave enough to attempt but not sure what you mean by creating it as a DWORD (32-bit) though I understand how to set the value to 1

Mike G.

I'm not at my PC just now but there may be an option in one of the drop down menus to create a new registry key; or you could try right-clicking in the right-hand pane to see if the option appears there too. Either way, select the DWord option to create the new key and then set it's value to 1.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

{48981759-12F2-42A6-A048-028B3973495F} is not present. There are only two numbers under the group policy objects folder. Maybe I should just upgrade to windows 10 pro. Would that affect my MSFS? I have it running so good I would hate to screw it up over this.

Mike G.

Those numbers will vary from one PC to another, the important part is the word Machine at the end.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Found a real nice work around here:

Mike G.

Nice find Mike, glad you're up and running again!

Sometimes I get lucky. Hope it might help someone else to.

Mike G.

• 3 months later...