Lost connection switching to off line mode... solution....

This may not work for everyone as it may not be in their Host file........

If you have a constant connection problem always switch to offline mode here's a solution.....

Go to your Windows Host file and get rid of:

127.0.0.1 kh.ssl.ak.tiles.virtualearth.net

127.0.0.1 khstorelive.azureedge.net

Save, job done no more connection issues!!..... these 2 entries are hangovers from google maps, even if you reinstall MSFS they will still be in the host file, until YOU delete them!..... This connection issue started for me when I updated msfs last week, a few days prior to the update I had installed GOOGLE MAPS. Not knowing it wrote entries in the Host File I naturally placed the blame on ASOBO and their shoddy updates...... I was so wrong in this case, the connection issues had nothing to do with ASOBO!

I think most of you can find the Windows Host File... just in case. Windows System32 drivers ect......

Note "ect is a folder and the one with the host file inside

This fix only concerns those that loaded Google Map then returned to Bing Map.... What's going on from what I can figure out is, Bing Map will not load because of the two entries in the host file pointing the way to google Map so nothing is coming back from the Bing server, so the sim thinks it has a connection problem and switches to off-=mode, once the two entries are removed the problem is sovled....

Edited by daspinall

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

In my case, I traced it down to my coax cable.

It has a really stiff jacket and the conductor cable had retracted back inside and lost contact with the cable modem. As soon as I straightened out the cable, the conductor pushed back out again.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

This may not work for everyone as it may not be in their Host file........

If you have a constant connection problem always switch to offline mode here's a solution.....

Go to your Windows Host file and get rid of:

127.0.0.1 kh.ssl.ak.tiles.virtualearth.net

127.0.0.1 khstorelive.azureedge.net

Save, job done no more connection issues!!..... these 2 entries are hangovers from google maps, even if you reinstall MSFS they will still be in the host file, until YOU delete them!..... This connection issue started for me when I updated msfs last week, a few days prior to the update I had installed GOOGLE MAPS. Not knowing it wrote entries in the Host File I naturally placed the blame on ASOBO and their shoddy updates...... I was so wrong in this case, the connection issues had nothing to do with ASOBO!

I think most of you can find the Windows Host File... just in case. Windows System32 drivers ect......

Note "ect is a folder and the one with the host file inside

This fix only concerns those that loaded Google Map then returned to Bing Map.... What's going on from what I can figure out is, Bing Map will not load because of the two entries in the host file pointing the way to google Map so nothing is coming back from the Bing server, so the sim thinks it has a connection problem and switches to off-=mode, once the two entries are removed the problem is sovled....

Well, glad you got it sorted and not given up on MSFS....At least you have the other as a back up for when they break it again with an update.

Daspinall, i wish to second my heartfelt gratitude for fixing an issue I have had for four days. I would get the nagging "offline mode" then reconnect then back again about every six to ten minutes. Very frustrating. I tried your suggestion and flew for over four hours without issue. Thank you.. Great idea..

I9-10850K, Mugen 5 cooler, Gigagbyte Aorus Z490 Master, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2, 1TB Samsung 970 Plus, 2TB Samsung 870evo, Corsair RM-850, G-Skill DDR-4 3600, Lian Li LanCool Mesh, Nvidia 3070Ti, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, MFG Crosswind pedals, Win10 Pro

Well, glad you got it sorted and not given up on MSFS....At least you have the other as a back up for when they break it again with an update.

Hello I've been triying to get rid of the 2 lines into the ''hosts'' file as per your information.

Could find them and delete but I'm then asked to register the change and unable to make it. It does not work. The 2 lines are still appearing when I re open the hosts file for a check.

Do I have to delete the following as well :

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.

# 127.0.0.1 localhost

# ::1 localhost

Or any idea why I cannot register the change into the hosts file.

Many thks in advance

Michel

• 2 years later...