Flight sim 2020 has become completely unflyable

Since the latest update, and the same for many others the sim has become increasingly unflyable... After a year of no connection problems and nothing has changed this end it's become a constant battle clicking the window saying you are off-line It's a little green Xbox window and the stuttering is back and a host of other problems, So that's the final straw, I wasted all of Saturday reinstalling the software and still no good.... So instead of wasting another second on the bugged out sim, I've finally decided to purchase X-Plane 1..... I refuse to keep playing the ASOBO MS game and trying to think up excuses for their shortcomings!!!! A lot of us have invested some serious money on FS202 and what we have had to put up with is unforgivable.. sheer incompetence to ASOBO and MS! I will keep fs2020 on the hard drive and check in now and again to see if they fix things,... I'm just very tired and disappointed in all the problems just to have a good flight with fs2020! Edited by daspinall

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Have you updated the MS gaming services? Is there a data throttle anywhere, like a poor internet connection or network lag? I have made numerous flights since the SU7 update and not had any of this so far? It makes me think you might have some local internet issue. You may be on different servers which might make a difference?
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Dave, I bought X-plane some time back, but I never use it. I did try it again briefly a couple of weeks ago, just to see how it would look with the Rtx3090… I quit after a few minutes. Despite the problems, we’ve been spoilt with FS2020. No other sim looks as good.

Also if you want to fly VR in X-Plane you’ve got the hassle of installing Steam-VR. Might not be an issue for you, but I’m not keen

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Since the latest update, and the same for many others the sim has become increasingly unflyable..

That's surprising to me. Aside from the occasional problems with some add-ons that require updating after some SUs, generally speaking FS2020 works like a charm on my rig, which is by no means a top-end machine, as you can see in my specs below. With my modest 1080p screen, I get solid 60 fps almost everywhere at full detail.

Guess the best part of my system (my connection speed) must be more relevant than it might seem.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

Edited by danbiosca
Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

I agree !!! After the last MANDATORY update everytime I'm ready to fly sevaral pop up tips appear and keep coming back. I've disabled tips in the control section and they won't stop. I wish there was a way to bypass all of the mandatory updates. Each time one of those is downloaded something gets messed up. Fortunately I still have FSX. Never had trouble with that. Thank You

I will echo the last post. Though I have had to turn off photogrammetry since SU5 (for reasons yet unexplained), since SU7 I find MSFS to be better than ever in performance and other aspects as well (new planes, etc.). Daspinall, I am surprised that MSFS doesn't run well on your system. Have you tried turning off photogrammetry?

Alienware Aurora R11, 32 GB ram, Intel i7-10700F, GeForce RTX 2080 Super, Ultra graphics settings

Sorry to hear you are having all these troubles. I believe that a hot fix will be coming out, and hopefully you will download it. You're not the only one that has issues. I have the Azure voice bug again that was current back in the sim after Update 5. I don't even know how to change the voices, and can't stand them because they sound like little kids telling us what to do from ATC. But no, seriously, I hope you do get it all sorted out..

Hey, a question from someone who is still sticking with FS9 but nosing around FS2020. Do you HAVE to be connected to the internet to run this, even if you're not looking for updated weather? Sounds here on this blog like you have to always be connected to the net??? If so I won't even try it. Sounds like trouble.

The whole point of MSFS is to be connected to the internet, which allows streaming of real-world satellite imagery of terrain and buildings as well as weather data. This is what distinguishes MSFS from its predecessors, giving it a whole new look. Yes, you can run it without the internet, but that would be pointless -- like driving a sports car in low gear on level ground. Edited by cobalt

MSFS won't run without an internet connection when you start it. That problem popped up last year, there were threads about it. They claim that it will, but it won't.
i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

Like Jim says, you must run on the internet some of the time. The copy protection is really tied to the net. The upside to that, is you can load it on multiple machines, but only 1 can be active at a time. You need a >30 mbyte/sec internet speed, but it has not been a problem at all for me. The scenery would take something like 400 four GB SSDs to contain the detail that is provided (in other words, impossible to load on your media).;
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

I too am experiencing problems and at present flying a 'free flight' is impossible as the rudder keeps returning to the neutral position even with rudder held on full 'deflection' using the joystick. Also the throttle control on my joystick stops controlling the engine and with it in the idle position the engine can suddenly go to full throttle.

I have tried another joystick and the same happens.

YET when I fly a training mission or adventure it all works perfectly.

I am really annoyed that SU7 has screwed me up.

[added later]

After searching the internet I found that SU7 reset all settings and so I went 'looking' and changed many from ON to OFF. That seems to have fixed the problem.

Still it is annoying that SU7 could have either advised/warned users during the update that all user settings would be reset and to check them after the update OR better still NOT to change them although maybe this was not possible with the changes being implemented.

Edited by jparnold
added solution

John

Gigabyte Z390 UD Intel Core i7-9700K 3.60 Ghz Dual 16Gb DDR4 2666

Gigabyte RTX2060 OC 6GB 2 X 256MB SSD drives 1 X 500GB HDD

Windows 10 64bit Home Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick

Do you remember what you turned off?

I turned off many things BUT I think the ones which fixed the rudder problem and throttle problem were corrected by turning off one of more of the following

PILOTING

Auto Rudder

Assisted Checklist

Assisted Landing

Assisted Takeoff

AI Anti Stall

I also turned off

NOTIFICATIONS

Flying tips

Objectives

Software tips

I hope this helps

Edited by jparnold
typo

John

Since the latest update many things are malfunctioning.

(1) On the 737, 787, and A320 the main function displays on the panels are not illuminating/working no matter what I do.

(2) Although I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro stick which has worked previously, it now cannot make gradual adjustments to the throttle. It is either full power or idle power.

(3) The stock 747 has disappeared. Not in community folder. Not anywhere.

This is the first time an update has caused insurmountable problems, please help.

I reset everything to hard but I still get the blue and white CBS-logo pointer in the cockpit.

Did you also check the accessibility options tab (under general options)? There are a few there too.. like “cockpit interaction system” - you’ll want to change it to legacy. Plus there are tooltip options on that section too.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Since the latest update many things are malfunctioning.

(1) On the 737, 787, and A320 the main function displays on the panels are not illuminating/working no matter what I do.

(2) Although I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro stick which has worked previously, it now cannot make gradual adjustments to the throttle. It is either full power or idle power.

(3) The stock 747 has disappeared. Not in community folder. Not anywhere.

This is the first time an update has caused insurmountable problems, please help.

Cant's help with the aircraft but I have the same 3D Pro stick and found it misbehaving after the update. I found a new driver at Logitech and it seems to have fixed the issue.

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024843033--Downloads-Extreme-3D-Pro

Alienware Aurora R7 * i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz * 32 gb RAM * NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 gb * Samsung EVO 1 TB SSD * Logitech EXTREME 3D PRO * Dual Monitors (1 X 2k + 1 X HD) *Windows 11*. MSFS Premium Edition

Cant's help with the aircraft but I have the same 3D Pro stick and found it misbehaving after the update. I found a new driver at Logitech and it seems to have fixed the issue.

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024843033--Downloads-Extreme-3D-Pro

The date on that driver download is 2010-03-30 which is hardly new (11 years ago)

John