AI

Mowgli22

Hi All, is there a way to find and remove duplicate AI. I think i have some.
Corsair 4000X RGB Mid-Tower ATX, CORSAIR RMx Series (2021) RM650x, GIGABYTE B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 Gaming Motherboard , AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core/16-Thread 3.8GHz base, 4.7GHz, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G, CORSAIR H115i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler, CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (2x16GB)

A problem I experienced recently :)

As one of it's functions/features, AI Flight Planner (Version 3) will enable you trace ALL Traffic files in your installation (clever stuff!)

Next … make a Traffic folder in your FS9 folder, make a Scenery folder in your new Traffic folder, move ALL of your traffic files into this new folder (any obvious duplicates will show up at this point, irrespective of where they were "hiding" previously"), then add and enable this new Traffic folder in your Scenery Library.

Assuming the problems still exist and weren't resolved by finding duplicate files previously, remove half of the traffic files from this folder (put them in a "safe place") and try again. Assuming there's only one problem, the fault should either re-occur or not. Either way, you now know which batch of files contains the problem. Continue testing in a similar manner, establishing at each point which group of files contains the problem. You'll end up with several "safe places" during this procedure, they'll all be dealt with once the problematic file is located.

Once you've isolated the problem, put that file on one side and move all the files from the "safe places" back into the Traffic/Scenery folder. Double check there's no more problems … deal with the problematic file as you wish :)

My problem seemed to be two different aircraft from two different sources being coincidently allocated the same registration letters!

The first thing is to find any duplicated traffic BGL files. Do a search for Traffic in your Addon Scenery folder. Look for any duplicate names of BGL files starting with the word Traffic. Are they really duplicates? If so, delete one.

Tom - Can you install traffic files into the add-on scenery file under scenery or should you leave it in the Scenery/World/Scenery file? I ask this because it would eliminate duplicate traffic files.

Brigadier General Frank Savage

918th Bomb Group "Hard Luck Group"

Tom - Can you install traffic files into the add-on scenery file under scenery or should you leave it in the Scenery/World/Scenery file? I ask this because it would eliminate duplicate traffic files.

You can have Traffic files in any active Scenery folder … one of my problem files was lurking in the Libraries\Scenery folder, presumably put there by an "installer"!

With all the Traffic files in one dedicated folder, as described above, many problems can be easily resolved ;)

You can have Traffic files in any active Scenery folder … one of my problem files was lurking in the Libraries\Scenery folder, presumably put there by an "installer"!

With all the Traffic files in one dedicated folder, as described above, many problems can be easily resolved ;)

Thank You!

Brigadier General Frank Savage

918th Bomb Group "Hard Luck Group"

As Tom says some installers can put traffic files kind of hidden in there install folder/s and you don't notice them, for example you may download an aircraft or scenery and traffic file/s might come with it.

Once you do find the problem, you can have AI traffic files in a dedicated folder outside the default World/Scenery folder.

In my system the AI files are in a folder called Traffic: Traffic/Scenery

Just make that folder active in the sim then put all your AI traffic files in there, I name all my traffic files so they are easy to find if there is a problem or I want to remove one or change it.

Col.

Thanks everyone, working on finding the culprit now. Cheers
Corsair 4000X RGB Mid-Tower ATX, CORSAIR RMx Series (2021) RM650x, GIGABYTE B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 Gaming Motherboard , AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core/16-Thread 3.8GHz base, 4.7GHz, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G, CORSAIR H115i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler, CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (2x16GB)

As Tom says some installers can put traffic files kind of hidden in there install folder/s and you don't notice them, for example you may download an aircraft or scenery and traffic file/s might come with it.

Once you do find the problem, you can have AI traffic files in a dedicated folder outside the default World/Scenery folder.

In my system the AI files are in a folder called Traffic: Traffic/Scenery

Just make that folder active in the sim then put all your AI traffic files in there, I name all my traffic files so they are easy to find if there is a problem or I want to remove one or change it.

Col.

just the reason i dont use aifp!!