Photogrammetry now unusable

The latest update (SU7) has unfortunately not only failed to cure the earlier problem of ground stutters when photogrammetry is turned on (which started with SU5, and which a number of us have reported). It has made it much worse -- the sim is now unflyable with photogrammetry on. With it turned off, performance is fine as far as I can tell. This is unfortunate since I am now unable to use photogrammetry at all; earlier the problem was just at or near ground level. I will be interested to learn how widespread this issue is.

Guest Robert455

Even flightsimulator.com is having trouble serving web pages and FS2020 has pretty much always been a mess on update days.

Hard to know if it’s related or not but might be worth giving it a day or two and see if things don’t just automagically improve?

I'm uninstalling and reinstalling my sim. I find it best to do that every so often with this lousy update system. I'm sure things must get corrupt along the way with update on top of update. I was experiencing Stutter galore after the update when it was fine before, so we'll see what happens after the reinstall. I'll keep you posted. I like to give useful responses unlike Jim Skorna's No Issues with Mine. Gee. Thanks for the update Jimmy.

I'm uninstalling and reinstalling my sim. I find it best to do that every so often with this lousy update system. I'm sure things must get corrupt along the way with update on top of update. I was experiencing Stutter galore after the update when it was fine before, so we'll see what happens after the reinstall. I'll keep you posted. I like to give useful responses unlike Jim Skorna's No Issues with Mine. Gee. Thanks for the update Jimmy.

OK, I'll play.

1. I have never uninstalled or reinstalled since day 1.

2. I have never had an issue with an update, so things must not get corrupt along the way with update on top of update.

3. If things are working the way they should what more can I say? I start MSFS, it loads, I plan my flight, and I go fly. Pretty simple.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

OK, I'll play.

1. I have never uninstalled or reinstalled since day 1.

2. I have never had an issue with an update, so things must not get corrupt along the way with update on top of update.

3. If things are working the way they should what more can I say? I start MSFS, it loads, I plan my flight, and I go fly. Pretty simple.

Maybe try and share a bit more, like your recipe for success? Instead of just works fine for me? Like Drive set ups, etc? Could be helpful to some, I'm sure! Just not a gloat factor for you.

Maybe try and share a bit more, like your recipe for success? Instead of just works fine for me? Like Drive set ups, etc? Could be helpful to some, I'm sure! Just not a gloat factor for you.

there's no food feeding on here, just keep on searching as we all do for answers........ Not all rigs are equal, what works for one member may not and usually doesn't work for other members.... that's worth bearing in mind... Just think if everyone used Xbox as the platform for MSFS it would then be a different matter.... ..... happy landings

Edited by daspinall

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

there's no food feeding on here, just keep on searching as we all do for answers........ Not all rigs are equal, what works for one member may not and usually doesn't work for other members.... that's worth bearing in mind... Just think if everyone used Xbox as the platform for MSFS it would then be a different matter.... ..... happy landings

So in other words be selfish and keep it to yourself! I'll remember YOUR screen name next time you ask a question and if I know the answer!

I don't know, I just found your reply "Maybe try and share a bit more, like your recipe for success? Instead of just works fine for me? Like Drive set ups, etc? Could be helpful to some, I'm sure! Just not a gloat factor for you." to JSkorna a bit pushy.....

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Its always better to be helpful - what about his, "Okay I'll play?" Sparking up the argumentive tone to begin with?

That's what I'm griping about - and your reply with "No food sharing in here" and to google it definitely didn't help either. I meant what I said! I WILL remember

I don't know, it all seems rather childish, now you put it that way lol.... happy landings.....

the recipe for success is to KNOW your windows system, dont put trash addons from flightsim.to into te community, know the steps for a good update (empty cache scenery etc), all this cant be summed up in just two lines, either you know or you dont know what happened, but those for those who have control like Skorna or me updated were never a problem

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Guest Robert455

One and Only - reread Cobalt’s original post. All he asked was if anyone else was having photogrammetry issues. Cobalt didn’t ask for details or about anything else. Jskorna’s reply was perfectly in line with answering the question asked. It also wasn’t a reply to you. It was a reply to Cobalt. You didn’t join this thread until after and it was you who decided to make the first digs at Jskorna for not posting what you consider helpful.

If you wanted more information from Jskorna, you should have just asked your questions instead of getting aggressive with his reply - a reply which answered Cobalt’s question exactly.

You are the one who first made this thread personal and now you take offense that Jskorna replied with more information and didn’t escalate the situation? All he did was return the volley with “OK I’ll play”. Jskorna did absolutely nothing wrong. He provided the exact answer Cobalt was looking for.

This world is already crazy enough. Let’s please not pollute this place too. Leave the attacks at the door and just respond to the information provided. And also remember that just saying if something is working or not is valuable since that lets others know if issues are local or systemic - especially if that is all that is asked.

Also, I’d consider drive setups to be the last thing I’d check if the sim works but photogrammetry doesn’t except for possibly the cache file or those settings. The sim can find its files if it runs so drives are unlikely to be a culprit for photogrammetry issues. If you have specific questions about drives, ask them. People will likely answer. For those that dig into the sim, there’s a myriad of things we configure or do. It’s not reasonable to expect anyone to spend time regurgitating everything they have configured when most or all of it may be of no use to others or relevant to the issues others are having. It’s more reasonable to expect those with questions to ask them.

Edited by Robert455

One and Only - reread Cobalt’s original post. All he asked was if anyone else was having photogrammetry issues. Cobalt didn’t ask for details or about anything else. Jskorna’s reply was perfectly in line with answering the question asked. It also wasn’t a reply to you. It was a reply to Cobalt. You didn’t join this thread until after and it was you who decided to make the first digs at Jskorna for not posting what you consider helpful.

If you wanted more information from Jskorna, you should have just asked your questions instead of getting aggressive with his reply - a reply which answered Cobalt’s question exactly.

You are the one who first made this thread personal and now you take offense that Jskorna replied with more information and didn’t escalate the situation? All he did was return the volley with “OK I’ll play”. Jskorna did absolutely nothing wrong. He provided the exact answer Cobalt was looking for.

This world is already crazy enough. Let’s please not pollute this place too. Leave the attacks at the door and just respond to the information provided. And also remember that just saying if something is working or not is valuable since that lets others know if issues are local or systemic - especially if that is all that is asked.

Also, I’d consider drive setups to be the last thing I’d check if the sim works but photogrammetry doesn’t except for possibly the cache file or those settings. The sim can find its files if it runs so drives are unlikely to be a culprit for photogrammetry issues. If you have specific questions about drives, ask them. People will likely answer. For those that dig into the sim, there’s a myriad of things we configure or do. It’s not reasonable to expect anyone to spend time regurgitating everything they have configured when most or all of it may be of no use to others or relevant to the issues others are having. It’s more reasonable to expect those with questions to ask them.

daspinalls no food sharing comment is what turned this thread sour. You're blaming the wrong person chum.

Edited by The One and Only

Guest Robert455

I don’t think so. Please look at the original post, Jskorna’s reply, and then your post. Daspinall’s first post here was just conciliatory and a gentle way to point you back in the right direction. He only went so far as to say your post was “a bit pushy” after you made sure to tell him you were going to remember his screen name for having the gall to try to settle you down.

I don’t know who you are or anything about you but you are the one way off base here and you really need to just take it down a notch and stop reacting like you are. You provoke and then feign shock and try to put this stuff on others when it’s been you stirring this pot. It’s totally derailed the conversation and ruined this thread.

Like I said before, if someone doesn’t provide the information you are looking for, just ask. Obviously a reply isn’t beyond you but your way of handling that reply puts others off and you are still without whatever information you are looking for - which we really don’t even know what that is as all your posts have been off topic and argumentative. You said you were reinstalling and would report back and have yet to update that status. You weren’t even involved in the original question and answer so have really contributed nothing to this discussion but this whole projectionist attack on others.

Please just settle down. We haven’t heard from Cobalt but it could be this all resolved itself after the servers all got done with slogging the downloads.

Photogrammetry has been unusable almost since launch for me; I've had it switched off for ages.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

daspinalls no food sharing comment is what turned this thread sour. You're blaming the wrong person chum.

Don't blame others for your own shortcomings, this is a very friendly forum act likewise. we really should not be having this discussion IMO you acting like a borderline troll..... now let that be the end of it and man up! All I did was call you out for a rude post to a good member!

Don't blame others for your own shortcomings, this is a very friendly forum act likewise. we really should not be having this discussion IMO you acting like a borderline troll..... now let that be the end of it and man up! All I did was call you out for a rude post to a good member!

And I called YOU out for your rude comment. Man up? You should have by not being so rude yourself and I can consider you a troll too. We really want to keep this going all weekend? Because I can as long as you can chum!

I was not being rude by suggesting Skorna to share what he does. You were by saying no food sharing in this forum because of my term recipe for success and to google it and research it on my own like everyone else does. This forum would be one empty place if everyone did that now, wouldn't it buddy boy? Also tell me to end it now? Yeah - think again. No one talks to me like you do nor do I listen to barking from random people like yourself either.

Edited by The One and Only