Where is EGY2?

DavidWS

I have lots of waypoints in my scenery, they are great for setting up TNG's for your AI aircraft.

When doing a TNG flight plan I only have the TNG set for 4 mins, as a rule the AI will do two runs at it then return to base. The AI won't land by the way it will do a missed approached.

Col.

I have lots of waypoints in my scenery, they are great for setting up TNG's for your AI aircraft.

When doing a TNG flight plan I only have the TNG set for 4 mins, as a rule the AI will do two runs at it then return to base. The AI won't land by the way it will do a missed approached.

Col.

An interesting concept :)

I've no experience using Waypoints in a flightplan, neither am I aware of any set up in FS9, though doubtless I could rectify that ;)

If I could trouble you to post a simple one-line example that I could play with and expand upon it'd save me having to research the subject for myself :)

TIA

Thanks for that link … I've had a look at the ai flight plans supplied there, but they don't actually include "Waypoints" as defined in the BGLComp SDK, but appear to utilize "dummy airports" instead. Is that the way it's done for ai?

If that's the case I've got over 200 "Disused Airfields" featured in my UK VFR installation, I'll adapt a few of those to act as 'ai waypoints' and won't clutter my map any more than necessary.

Yes that is the way, glad MAIW was mentioned i forgot I got a lot of waypoints from them too, it was on their forum I learned about doing the TNG's for just 4 mins, you can do them longer but they get boring.

By using the dummy airports you can have an AI fly in a kind of circle doing TNG's then returning to base as in MAIW's case they use military aircraft so that can look like a patrol, the AI isn't going from airport A to airport B it is flying a route.

Once you get in to it you will get addicted and it can be fun experimenting, I've had two AI's doing TNG's at the same waypoint as well, that is interesting.

Col.

Yes that is the way, glad MAIW was mentioned i forgot I got a lot of waypoints from them too, it was on their forum I learned about doing the TNG's for just 4 mins, you can do them longer but they get boring.

By using the dummy airports you can have an AI fly in a kind of circle doing TNG's then returning to base as in MAIW's case they use military aircraft so that can look like a patrol, the AI isn't going from airport A to airport B it is flying a route.

Once you get in to it you will get addicted and it can be fun experimenting, I've had two AI's doing TNG's at the same waypoint as well, that is interesting.

Col.

Thanks for that :)

As I mentioned, I've got plenty of potential candidates which can be modified for use as "waypoints" in an ai flightplan, so when I get the urge I'll set a few up and see how it goes.

Most of my ai aircraft are fixed gear, so there'll be no visual problem with the wheels going up and down, especially if I'm choosy as to which ones I use :)

Most of my ai aircraft are fixed gear, so there'll be no visual problem with the wheels going up and down, especially if I'm choosy as to which ones I use :)

You get to the point: jets approaching bombing ranges with lowered gears isn't exactly the yellow of the egg!

Bernard

As Bernard says those with landing gear tend to spoil it a bit, so the fixed gear aircraft do look better doing these TNG's.

One I used to do was have a couple of AI rescue helicopters or navy aircraft doing a TNG over or near a ship, it gives the impression of a recon flight.

Col.

Yes Bernard I once posted a screenshot very much like that, I had the invisible airport (waypoint) just above the ship and like your shot had the AI rescue heli circling.

Only difference was your ship is in distress mine was afloat and not moving, that is a good screenshot too Bernard.

Col.