I decided to take a leap of faith and installed Windows 11 late this morning. It took 'about' an hour and happily it was a relatively painless and successful process. As far as I've been able to determine, 11 is quite similar to 10 in operation and cosmetics, and all I really needed to do was choose a new wallpaper picture for my deskotp as the default was just a black screen.

I do admit to having some apprehension when I clicked the MSFS button on my taskbar but the sim fired up normally and a quick test flight around my 'home' airport - Chicago Midway - was uneventful.

Hope springs eternal as I learn the new features and capabilities of Windows 11.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

I've been running it about a month now and find it to be stable, which is surprising. I got the Bing wallpaper app and get the new daily one...

Dell XPS8490 12 Gen 11700 up to 5 Ghz., 48Gb 3200 RAM, dedicated 512Gb M2 SSD, AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Logitech Multi Panel, Logitech Throttle Quadrant (X2), Growing slowly but surely!

I have been running Windows 11 for the past week or so. It took about 40 minutes to download. There were no problems with the download. MSFS runs well still under Windows 11 although it takes about 10 to 15 seconds longer to open.

Windows 11, GeForce GTX 1660ti; 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core; Kingston SA2000M81000G SSD; 16 gb RAM; CH yoke; Saitek pedals; Three monitors; TrackIR 3.

Suggest that if you haven't already done so, update chipset drivers and maybe video driver as well.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Seems to be quicker but most importantly, I was using a RX 560 card and it ran a lot smoother after updating.

Dell XPS8490 12 Gen 11700 up to 5 Ghz., 48Gb 3200 RAM, dedicated 512Gb M2 SSD, AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Logitech Multi Panel, Logitech Throttle Quadrant (X2), Growing slowly but surely!

Key question, for me: Are there any advantages in Windows 11 vs. Windows 10? If not, why update?

I did it because there will come a time when Windows 10 will cease to be supported, and an upgrade to Windows 11 may not always be free of charge. My PC is new and has quite a few years left in it still so I would most likely have to bite the bullet sometime. Now was as good an opportunity as any.

From time to time I would get screens telling me that I could update, so, having done so, those messages are one annoyance out of the way. As it turned out it was no big deal. The UI is a little prettier but it is a big ho-hum otherwise.

Windows 11, GeForce GTX 1660ti; 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core; Kingston SA2000M81000G SSD; 16 gb RAM; CH yoke; Saitek pedals; Three monitors; TrackIR 3.