Passenger cabin views?

mickygee

I know there are loads of Flight deck views cabin views and wing views out there but not many, if any, Passenger cabin views. I'm one of those who like to fly an occasional long haul flight from England to Asia or China or Australia for example, and having the flight run in a passenger view mode would feel like a real world experience perhaps. Can any of you good folk steer me to or offer any help in finding the elusive views. Thanks in advance.

That's a tough one. You'd have to find a plane with those views installed. Short of payware, I'm not sure one exists.

I recall one for the old FS 2004, it was a 777 with a full cabin interior, including reclining first class seats, but it wasn't compatible with FSX.

I currently have an old MD-80 (not the Maddog version, but the Just Flight one) that has a full cabin view. I can sit anywhere and even the seat belt sign turns on and off, but obviously that's not for long haul flights, lol.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Thanks for the input kingnorris. I guess most simmers want to be pilots and not passengers which is a shame really because some of the newer freeware and payware scenery is quite exceptional and just adds to the flightsim experience when viewed from a first class seat!

Thanks for the input kingnorris. I guess most simmers want to be pilots and not passengers which is a shame really because some of the newer freeware and payware scenery is quite exceptional and just adds to the flightsim experience when viewed from a first class seat!

Purists would argue it’s called “flight sim”, not “passenger sim”.

They’re right, to a point. I could board a real plane as a passenger, but I’m no airline pilot. But in the sim, I am one.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Hi, in FSX there are some elderly airplanes with complete VC and passengerroom. For instance the Lockhead L18 Lodestar, where you can go through (in VC modus) and take seat where you wish. Try strg+enter.

I dont know if there are newer and bigger airplanes having such possibilities.

Lodestar_inside.jpg

happy landings! Christian:pilot:

Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB

MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;

WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

The best "full passenger cabin" views (including many mouse clickable options in those views) that I have in my sim is the Captain Sim B707. It is a true long hauler and a fabulous/high quality pay ware download and lots of fun to fly. I have been flying it for for several years and it's great value for the money. Best wishes, Max

I remember the Captain Sim 707 - had it for FS9! It was very good for its time, although the cockpit had some flaws that would only be apparent to one like myself, who had actually flown them IRL.

Having a passenger experience might possibly add to the enjoyment, at least for some. Joe Maldonado, down in Puerto Rico at his Project 727, has actually got at least three rows of cabin in his real 727 fuselage, which he has masterfully converted into a fantastic flight simulator from the cockpit to row 3! He also rigged a screen outside the pax windows on one side, to allow for a passenger view. This would be about as real as it gets, although he was only able to buy coach seats, not the leather covered first class variety.

Simulating a passenger experience, however, has several more levels of realism than might be apparent at first glance. Number one- the comfort (or, in coach the discomfort) factor, and number two - the cost! Cost is easy to simulate - just hand over the actual cost of the appropriate air fare to either your spouse or your kids! Comfort, on the other hand, is relative. Coach today might compare favorably to "the hole" in a Gulag prison camp, but there is little else in the modern Western experience that really compares. Maybe sitting in the back seat of a compact 4 seat pickup truck for several hours? In any event, it is easy to calibrate comfort, since the price of a coach ticket, particularly on a fly-by-night low cost carrier can be less than any edition of FS2020!