What's up with the ridiculous prices in the Flightsim.com Store?

Latest ridiculous price, $9,999 for an Aerosoft CRJ???? Anyone able to explain what's happening over there?

nLhpUAf.jpg

Perhaps a typo???

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

• Founder

This product is meant to be only available to those who have already previously purchased the CRJ 550/700. If that is not you, then you see a high price that would prevent any sane person from purchasing (though I see one apparently insane person has already tried to buy it at the $9999.99 price...).

If you qualify due to making the required previous purchase, you will see the actual price of $19.99.

Ideally, I would make the product not even show for those not qualified to purchase it, but I'm limited by what the store software can do.

You could also have learned exactly the same thing I just told you, had you scrolled down a bit and read the product description.

That was me. I tried to buy it at it's ridiculous price to see what happens. Unfortunately my credit card was $50 short of being able to purchase it. And no, I am not insane. Just a person testing the insanity of things so crazy as this. Maybe YOU should correct these insane things YOU claim to have no control over!!! What would happen if my credit card was accepted? You would charge me??? This is absolutely ridiculous and your explanation is even more ridiculous and pathetic. I don't care if you run this web sight! Someone has to call you out on your BS!!! Edited by kevinfolsom

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

Guest Robert455

You’re more adventurous than me to try to complete a purchase for $10k as a test. Had that gone through, you might have found yourself in a pickle if it was a non-refundable software purchase. You would likely be able to dispute it with the CC company, but all that trouble and phone calls to straighten it out would be a pain.

High prices are also sometimes used as placeholders. It’s basically a flag to say not ready for sale or not for you which it seems to be in this case. Trying to prove a $10,000 point seems a bit impulsive to me but whatever floats your boat.

Hi Kevin--little humour is good once in a while and even the insanity idea was a joke--but on the other hand of your credit card had permitted you to go ahead and purchase for that price you could not blame anyone but yourself for making the purchase. It is not any kind of a scam it says the price. You may not be "insane" but perhaps a little foolish to go ahead with trying to purchase such a thing. But there is a Stradivarius Viola on the market at 45 Million dollars if you are still interested in rare purchases!!

All in good humour--yours respectfully John

That was me. I tried to buy it at it's ridiculous price to see what happens. Unfortunately my credit card was $50 short of being able to purchase it. And no, I am not insane. Just a person testing the insanity of things so crazy as this. Maybe YOU should correct these insane things YOU claim to have no control over!!! What would happen if my credit card was accepted? You would charge me??? This is absolutely ridiculous and your explanation is even more ridiculous and pathetic. I don't care if you run this web sight! Someone has to call you out on your BS!!!

Windows 11 MB MSI X-570 -A Pro, CPU--AMD Ryzen 5-5600 3.7 GHz, 6 core, 16G Ram, DDR 3600 MHz AMD Radeon 6800 Graphics card.

Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, Saitek Autopilot and Switch panel, Echo (Arduino build) autopilot and controller, Saitek Rudder pedals. 3 Monitors.

Oculus Rift 2 Virtual Reality headset.

But there is a Stradivarius Viola on the market at 45 Million dollars if you are still interested in rare purchases!!

All in good humour--yours respectfully John

I saw that on Jeopardy last night!!!

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

That was me. I tried to buy it at it's ridiculous price to see what happens. Unfortunately my credit card was $50 short of being able to purchase it. And no, I am not insane. Just a person testing the insanity of things so crazy as this. Maybe YOU should correct these insane things YOU claim to have no control over!!! What would happen if my credit card was accepted? You would charge me??? This is absolutely ridiculous and your explanation is even more ridiculous and pathetic. I don't care if you run this web sight! Someone has to call you out on your BS!!!

website

Mark Daniels

Thanks for the correction. That's all you have to say, Mark. No concern for a false advertisement? It is going to be reported to the BBB for false advertising. This kind of BS needs to stop. FALSE ADVERTISING!!! BAIT AND SWITCH!!! I don't care who he thinks he IS!!! This kind of BS needs to stop. There are many other ways to advertise this add on product that are honest!!! Edited by kevinfolsom

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

You do know the store is run by different people, right?

Soooo you mean he doesn't profit off products being sold on HIS website? And HE has no control over what gets advertised on HIS website

Edited by kevinfolsom

FALSE ADVERTISING!!! BAIT AND SWITCH!!!

That's ridiculous. Neither exists here. Dishonest?? Not.

Alienware Aurora R7 * i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz * 32 gb RAM * NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 gb * Samsung EVO 1 TB SSD * Logitech EXTREME 3D PRO * Dual Monitors (1 X 2k + 1 X HD) *Windows 11*. MSFS Premium Edition

Apparently, I am the only person in this forum who is upset by the advertising tactics going on in this web site. Please be honest and at least advertise this product correctly!!! Advertise it as an upgrade to the CRJ to the CRJ 500\700 Aircraft at $19.99 instead of $99,999. This is what gives online stores a bad name!!!

Apparently, I am the only person in this forum who is upset by the advertising tactics going on in this web site.

That's because the rest of us have read the product description:

Description

Notice: This is not a complete aircraft package. It is an extension to the Aerosoft Aircraft CRJ 550/700 for MSFS which must be purchased and installed before this package.

If you have not previously bought the 550/700 then consider getting the CRJ Bundle 550/700/900/1000.

The correct price will only show on this page if you previously purchased the CRJ 550/700 from this store.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Guest Robert455
Apparently, I am the only person in this forum who is upset by the advertising tactics going on in this web site. Please be honest and at least advertise this product correctly!!!

You might be. The “advertising tactic” was to just set the price high if you don’t have the other purchase. Not really advertising in my book but whatever. Much better to discourage purchases of products that require prerequisites than to let you complete the sale on a product that is incomplete.

First, it’s just a computer game/simulator - hardly worth popping a vein over. Second, you saw something with a way too high price that you didn’t understand but now you know why. Most would stop there but now you want to go to the BBB? As Nels pointed out, the explanation is in the product description and he wasn’t able to just hide the plane based on purchase history. Sounds like he at least tried.

This world is way too crazy right now. Does this really need to be way overblown?