Key West - MSFS

adamb

• 3 weeks later...

Oh the adventures we had with a RW V tail back in the 60's! A good friend of mine was given one when he graduated from college. We were both stationed at MCAF Santa Ana California and spent all our free cash buying fuel for that plane. We hit almost every little airport in So. Cal. that year.

Sadly while we were deployed to Vietnam he was shot and killed in a CH-46. By the time I got back to the states his family had sold it up.

I always hoped they realized how special they made his last pre-deployment months!! I spent a few days on leave with them when I came home but never felt I expressed my feelings well enough.

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Great flight and scenery. Love Key West.

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Oh the adventures we had with a RW V tail back in the 60's! A good friend of mine was given one when he graduated from college. We were both stationed at MCAF Santa Ana California and spent all our free cash buying fuel for that plane. We hit almost every little airport in So. Cal. that year.

Sadly while we were deployed to Vietnam he was shot and killed in a CH-46. By the time I got back to the states his family had sold it up.

I always hoped they realized how special they made his last pre-deployment months!! I spent a few days on leave with them when I came home but never felt I expressed my feelings well enough.

Michael

Sorry about your friend Michael, I think we all lost someone over that unnecessary conflict.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]