MSFS 2020 will not install

I have an HP OMEN 30L to run this simulator, but the program will not load. With DVDs I kept getting data errors. From the Microsoft Store the when you click on INSTALL nothing happens. No luck from support from Micosoft or HP. They blame each other for the failure. It's very frustrating because I bought this computer to run the new simulator.

Hi, can you give us an idea of spec.. and which version of windows you have please? It might be simply a case of having to install or update the Xbox app if nothing happens when you click install. Have you tried logging out of the store and back in? Which version of the sim did you buy and which one are you trying to install from the store? You always install the standard version from the store, irrespective of the one you own. You are then prompted during the installation to install the delux/premium deluxe content.

As for the discs, there have been a lot of posts on this and other forums saying the same thing. Cyclic redundancy data error? Often dirt or scratches on the discs, but could also mean your dvd drive is a bit fussy and won’t accept the disc. I’m assuming they were bought from a reputable source?

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

So you didn't even look into the possibility your optical drive is failing. We got the memo. No need to post it on two different threads.
i7 11700K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS Z590-Plus TUF Gaming, Noctua NH-D15, 2x16GB G.SKILL TridentZ 4000, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, Super Flower 850W, SilverStone Redline SST-RL06 PRO case, Samsung 980 2TB M.2 (OS/MSFS), Gigabyte Aorus 48" OLED 4K 120Hz + LG 32" UN32650-W 4K monitors, Logitech Yoke + throttle + CH Pro Pedals

Where did you buy the discs? If they are faulty then you should return them.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

I’m assuming they were bought from a reputable source?

Regards

Steve

I notice that this question was never answered, nor did he try the store download. HMMM?

Alienware Aurora R7 * i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz * 32 gb RAM * NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 gb * Samsung EVO 1 TB SSD * Logitech EXTREME 3D PRO * Dual Monitors (1 X 2k + 1 X HD) *Windows 11*. MSFS Premium Edition

I know. Always makes you wonder doesn’t it?

Regards

Steve

I know. Always makes you wonder doesn’t it?

Regards

Steve

I've noticed a couple of these guys plugging for that sim... The way I see it if they were that happy with it they wouldn't be on here trolling.

Dell XPS8490 12 Gen 11700 up to 5 Ghz., 48Gb 3200 RAM, dedicated 512Gb M2 SSD, AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Logitech Multi Panel, Logitech Throttle Quadrant (X2), Growing slowly but surely!

I actually re-installed X-plane the other day, out of curiosity to see how it looks now that I’ve upgraded my graphics card. It looks awful compared to MSFS and getting it to work in VR was so awkward. I had to download/install Steam and then it took me ages to set it up.

I think it’s safe to say I won’t be going back to X-plane LOL

Regards

Steve

I have both X-Plane 11 and P3d 4.5. I tried them again a few weeks ago. I'm sorry but they look so cartoonish, even with several hundreds of dollars in addons, especially Orbx. I'm staying with MSFS.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.