Runway Info problem on new computer

Billf

I just got a new computer (Dell all-in-one computer desktop 27"). I first installed FS2004 on the 1TB hard

drive dedicated for data. The program worked and I tried the runway info icon. The runway info window

appeared and I tried to enter KLUK. When I pressed KBD, the line appeared in the window and when I typed

"KLUK" the letters appeared. When I pressed the "enter" button the window display went blank - that is - the

line and the letters "KLUK" disappeared. I tried re-installing the gauge, reinstalling FS2004 from the CD's

and neither remedy worked. The problem is present in all aircraft the gauge is used in (just about all of them).

Has anyone got any ideas?

Not familiar with this gauge, but I'd guess there's something else that needs to be installed that the gauge relies on … maybe one of the Microsoft NET products. Probably worth re-reading the gauge documentation to see if there's any clues there.

I tried re-installing the gauge

Which gauge is this? You never mention any specific gauge in your post above. Or are you talking about the runway info icon as being a gauge? AND, do you have the same problems with other airports or is it ONLY with Lunken?

Also, when you switch airports (go from, say, KBJC to KLUK for example) do you find KLUK in the list of airports?

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

• 2 weeks later...
If indeed this is the gauge you are having trouble with that Mr. Zippy references in thread #4, that is the gauge developed by the late Ernie Alston. I also had a bit of an installation problem as I mis-interpreted the install instructions. There are two files that need to be installed in your main FS9 root folder but NOT just by themselves. First, create a folder and name it "Rwyinfo". Then, place the two text files that come with the download, Pnav and Prwy (both are Text files), inside of the "Rwyinfo" folder that you just created, then place that folder inside of your FS9 root folder. From what you describe, you already have the Rwyinfo GAUGE file placed in your FS9 Gauges folder. I had the same problem you described. After entering the airport ICAO and clicking the Enter button, no info appeared. The box went blank. Just put the folder you created with the two text files added to it, inside of your root FS9 folder. This gauge also works in FSX.

Is this the FS2004 Runway info gauge in question?

http://www.fsbuild.com/rwyinfo/

I solved the problem by reloading the software from the original cd's. I had already tried to solve by creation of

the RunwayInfo folder and storing the two data files in it in the main FS9 directory. This alone did not solve the problem

but I think the clean installation of FS9 from the CD's did by including a file (I don't know which file) that I hadn't included

when I copied the FS9 directory from my old HD.

Thanks for all your help.

Bill Federle