What do you usually fly?

Hi all,

I'm curious how other people use the aircraft in the sim. Do you focus on a single type, or do you like to try as many as you can, or something in between (like a stable, I guess).

I currently fly the Caravan 90% of the time, in order to become proficient enough for its bushtrips. So I take it as seriously as 5 hours a week allow, i.e. I at least try to follow the correct procedures and fly it "by the numbers". I did the same with the DA40 a while back, and the 172 before that. By the end of the bushtrip, I'm quite proficient, but bored, of the plane and I'll try something different - like a twin, or a taildragger, or something. The cycle then repeats.

The other 10% of the time I'll just dick around with something esoteric like a Pitts or floatplane or something.

How about you?

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

Same here, currently enjoying the DA62 with the DA62x mod. I have the Black Box Simulations BN-2 Islander and the NextGen Simulations EMB-110 for variety, and the freeware Dragon Rapide and Fokker Triplane for light relief. I usually stick to the default planes that have good quality mods such as the Citations, King Air, Caravan etc. I'm avoiding the airliners for now, I got bored with them in my FS2004 and FSX days.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Yes I absolutely stick to planes that have good mods, only to correct flight model deficients and improve the systems. I'm an engineer, and a nerdy one at that, so I love a good set of avionics and aircraft systems.

I shunned the airliners after I took a few flying lessons in a 172 many years ago. I just don't identify with them since then, even though I enjoyed them in the FS2002 days. The biggest I can currently see myself in is a Kingair.

172S Steam Gauges mainly. I've been flying the coastline of the America's. Started from LaGuardia and currently in Suriname. Tried the ORBX edgley for fun but's it's a drag to fly. Used to really like the Beach Baron in my previous sim edition and will probably get back into it.

Alienware Aurora R7 * i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz * 32 gb RAM * NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 gb * Samsung EVO 1 TB SSD * Logitech EXTREME 3D PRO * Dual Monitors (1 X 2k + 1 X HD) *Windows 11*. MSFS Premium Edition

I fly a variety of aircraft, although i don’t bother with the big jets so much. My favourite used to be the Robin DR400 but I have expanded my hanger quite a bit now. My current favourites being the three Turbo Arrows by Just Flight, the MODEL 61 Long-EZ.. and the H135 ( freeware) and H145 helicopters.

Mind you.. yesterday I was flying the T1 Hawk! Another great one in VR :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I typically fly the FBWA320 or the stock A320. (FBW I cant see it since the update)

Reason I fly the A320 is I work for American and while we don't have many of the A320, we have a ton of the 321's. Generally fly out of the major hubs on routes that I travel (I am a recruiter/talent advisor) on. I also use to do scheduling for crew members. A lot of the times, I get my friends schedule and then fly their legs for the month. I park at the American gates, while taxiing I have the safety briefing playing. I really wanted to buy the 777 but the way that company acted when they first released it put a bad taste in my mouth and I haven't wanted to give them my money.

I do fly the C172 steam for VFR flights quite a bit. Cruising over my house, my parents place, Disney is just fun. I think that would be great in VR but I tried getting an Oculus Quest 2 to work about 6 months ago and it was a frustrating mess and I gave up on it and took it back to the store.

....Signature not required for delivery....

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

**Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

I typically fly the FBWA320 or the stock A320. (FBW I cant see it since the update)

Reason I fly the A320 is I work for American and while we don't have many of the A320, we have a ton of the 321's. Generally fly out of the major hubs on routes that I travel (I am a recruiter/talent advisor) on. I also use to do scheduling for crew members. A lot of the times, I get my friends schedule and then fly their legs for the month. I park at the American gates, while taxiing I have the safety briefing playing. I really wanted to buy the 777 but the way that company acted when they first released it put a bad taste in my mouth and I haven't wanted to give them my money.

Side note on your first point - I think I saw that FBW had some issues with the marketplace (licensing issues or something like that), so they discontinued support via that channel. That might explain your issue with their 320. But I think you should now download via their third party channel, presumably their website? I happened to get this info purely by coincidence, since I don't fly the airliners, but just look into it.

Anyway, I love how you use the sim. I'd probably do exactly the same if I were you!

Side note on your first point - I think I saw that FBW had some issues with the marketplace (licensing issues or something like that), so they discontinued support via that channel. That might explain your issue with their 320. But I think you should now download via their third party channel, presumably their website? I happened to get this info purely by coincidence, since I don't fly the airliners, but just look into it.

Anyway, I love how you use the sim. I'd probably do exactly the same if I were you!

I just did a google search on how to fix it and can report I am now able to see the FBW A320.

....Signature not required for delivery....

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

**Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

Low and slow mostly. The Bagolu C172 Amphib up in Alaska with Return To Misty Moorings scenery is my current enjoyment. I fly the DA40 or a tail dragged for the our Iceland tour on Saturday flights. The C208 for our Wednesday night Skypark flights.

With all that being said, when the Leonardo MD-80 is released for MSFS, I’ll doing a lot more higher altitude stuff.

-Todd, aka Zoolander64

Check out Flightsim.com "live" events and DigitalThemePark

I am currently enjoying flying the TBM 930 and using Neofly to give me missions.

Hmmm...I had no idea this existed. Very interesting, I'll check it out.

The

on youtube kind of reminds me of Unreal Tournamant back in the day; certainly in terms of the dramatic and apocalyptic music and scenario...

So far, it seems that most of us have a stable of planes that we regularly fly. Do most of you try to fly by the numbers and use the actual aircraft procedures (as far as practical, anyway)?

Usually the Working Title CJ4 when doing anything over a couple hundred miles. Shorter stuff the TBM930. Every now and then I'll just do local stuff in the 172 or Bonanza.

A couple weeks ago I purchased and am just now trying to digest the Aerosoft CRJ

Hmmm...I had no idea this existed. Very interesting, I'll check it out.

The

on youtube kind of reminds me of Unreal Tournamant back in the day; certainly in terms of the dramatic and apocalyptic music and scenario...

So far, it seems that most of us have a stable of planes that we regularly fly. Do most of you try to fly by the numbers and use the actual aircraft procedures (as far as practical, anyway)?

I fly the Piper Arrow, love the steam gauges. As for procedures etc., no, I am probably one of the view who just likes to jump in, and go where I want to. I pick out an airport to fly to, find a runway somewhat along my flight path (hopefully ILS, love that!) and just land :D

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

A variety of single engine GA, LSA and Ultralight planes.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Different aircraft for different reasons. I like to see out of the plane and have good IFR capability which means the Garmin for IFR into non standard approaches. The YF22 is my fav for sightseeing as I can move fast and change altitude rapidly. The X cub or Gravel Savage cub for off field and the VL3 for on field slow. Barron for twin with failures. The business jets are ok but the heavies are just dull.

Murch to Tameranui.jpg

Beech G36 most often, otherwise, the twin-engine G58, and once in a while other planes equipped with the G1000 NXi avionics. I flew the Daher TBM with the WT G3000 mod almost exclusively for awhile, but I’m trying to get proficient with the NXi now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5