Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aircraft refuses to touch down in a timely manner!

Default Aircraft refuses to touch down in a timely manner!

Hi all! About to give up on finding a nice Airbus A350 aircraft. I did find the below on another site, but it is the same as the below listed on this site's library.

All is well flying, BUT, on an ILS approach, the aircraft descends all the way down to the runway until the wheels get just above the runway and then the aircraft is in a very nose high landing position, just merrily eating up the runway and not making any attempt to touch down until it is ready, which is approaching the endi of the runway. I have tried airspeed settings, got all the way down to 145 KIAS, still no luck. I am thinking it might have something to do with Contact Points, but I don't know where to begin? It's a very nice flying freeware aircraft and I would like to be able to find a fix for this issue................ This aircraft is offered by FSpainter, which there aren't a whole lot of them out there for me to try another air file to see if that remedies?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have!

Rick

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Jetliners
    FS2004/FSX/P3D Delta Airlines Skyteam Airbus A350-900
    [ Download | View ]

Name: fsp_airbus_a350-900-1.zip
    Size: 73,946,314 Date: 08-15-2017 Downloads: 2,478

FS2004/FSX/P3D Delta Airlines Skyteam Airbus A350-900, registration F-WZTW. Model of FSP included. Also includes VC in 3D for P3D, FSX, besides realistic sounds texture in high definition, etc. Repaint by Santiago Spears.

Try a lower landing speed. Maybe around 135 knots. Sounds like you have a "floater".
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

No flight Sim installed until I get a new computer.

It is a floater for sure, tried 145 knots, which is low for a larger aircraft, I will try the 135!

Thanks Charlie

Rick

AND make sure the power lever is at idle and flaps are fully extended. But, as Charlie says, too much speed is a likely cause, in fact is the usual cause for excessive floating. 145 kts is "low for a larger aircraft?" I don't know the Airbus as such, but all large aircraft have a variety of proper approach speeds, depending on weight, which means it can vary a LOT for the same aircraft, but just as important is the fact that aircraft performance figures in the sim may not match real world figures -- so much depends on the specific flight model, which likely is flawed in some, if not all, areas.

So you need to do what works for that specific model in your specific sim. Flight modeling in PC-based sims is a very difficult thing to get exactly right for a developer, often involving hundreds of hours of trial and error to get it close to right, so many of them will cut that time short and leave things not quite right.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:
    Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Thanks Larry - Yes, 145 knots seemed a little low to me for that size aircraft, but hey, like you said the modeling could cause that number to be not efficient enough. I will try the 135 Knots and see if that helps! This aircraft is by FSpainter! I do have another A350, cargo model, which is a Project Opensky aircraft and that flies like a charm! That I will approach anywhere from 148-150 knots, full flaps, no issues at all!

Rick

Thanks

What a shame, very nice aircraft, but, I GIVE UP! Not familiar with FSpainter freeware aircraft, but this one has made me a believer! No more! Too many nice freeware downloads out there, and I am not going to let this one get to me! 'El gono!" File 13, here it comes!

Rick

Sorry it didn't pan out, Rick, but I guess "looks aren't everything."

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:
    Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-10-27_17-19-15-884.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	283.5 KB 
ID:	227571

Got that right Larry! I've look at this so many times it's beginning to look like a Halloween Horror Creepy Show! Hope I don't have nightmares tonight!

Rick

You're not down on the runway yet but thrust reversers are engaged? Too much flair?
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

No flight Sim installed until I get a new computer.

That's the thing Charlie, what you see is what that aircraft did on it's own. The only thing I touched was the F1 key to throttle down the engines at about 30-50' callout! Even the auto spoilers deployed without the wheels touching the ground?

It's done, no more! Tired of fooling with it!

Rick
    Last edited by Downwind66; 10-28-2021 at 12:10 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast