Aircraft refuses to touch down in a timely manner!

Downwind66

Hi all! About to give up on finding a nice Airbus A350 aircraft. I did find the below on another site, but it is the same as the below listed on this site's library.

All is well flying, BUT, on an ILS approach, the aircraft descends all the way down to the runway until the wheels get just above the runway and then the aircraft is in a very nose high landing position, just merrily eating up the runway and not making any attempt to touch down until it is ready, which is approaching the endi of the runway. I have tried airspeed settings, got all the way down to 145 KIAS, still no luck. I am thinking it might have something to do with Contact Points, but I don't know where to begin? It's a very nice flying freeware aircraft and I would like to be able to find a fix for this issue................ This aircraft is offered by FSpainter, which there aren't a whole lot of them out there for me to try another air file to see if that remedies?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have!

Rick :cool:

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Jetliners

FS2004/FSX/P3D Delta Airlines Skyteam Airbus A350-900

[ Download | View ]

Name: fsp_airbus_a350-900-1.zip

Size: 73,946,314 Date: 08-15-2017 Downloads: 2,478

FS2004/FSX/P3D Delta Airlines Skyteam Airbus A350-900, registration F-WZTW. Model of FSP included. Also includes VC in 3D for P3D, FSX, besides realistic sounds texture in high definition, etc. Repaint by Santiago Spears.

AND make sure the power lever is at idle and flaps are fully extended. But, as Charlie says, too much speed is a likely cause, in fact is the usual cause for excessive floating. 145 kts is "low for a larger aircraft?" I don't know the Airbus as such, but all large aircraft have a variety of proper approach speeds, depending on weight, which means it can vary a LOT for the same aircraft, but just as important is the fact that aircraft performance figures in the sim may not match real world figures -- so much depends on the specific flight model, which likely is flawed in some, if not all, areas.

So you need to do what works for that specific model in your specific sim. Flight modeling in PC-based sims is a very difficult thing to get exactly right for a developer, often involving hundreds of hours of trial and error to get it close to right, so many of them will cut that time short and leave things not quite right.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Thanks Larry - Yes, 145 knots seemed a little low to me for that size aircraft, but hey, like you said the modeling could cause that number to be not efficient enough. I will try the 135 Knots and see if that helps! This aircraft is by FSpainter! I do have another A350, cargo model, which is a Project Opensky aircraft and that flies like a charm! That I will approach anywhere from 148-150 knots, full flaps, no issues at all!

Thanks

What a shame, very nice aircraft, but, I GIVE UP! Not familiar with FSpainter freeware aircraft, but this one has made me a believer! No more! Too many nice freeware downloads out there, and I am not going to let this one get to me! 'El gono!" File 13, here it comes!

That's the thing Charlie, what you see is what that aircraft did on it's own. The only thing I touched was the F1 key to throttle down the engines at about 30-50' callout! Even the auto spoilers deployed without the wheels touching the ground?

It's done, no more! Tired of fooling with it!

Edited by Downwind66

Yep, Charlie, tried it one more time, never touched the F2 button for the reversers, never flaired, when the wheels finally did touch the runway (almost the end of the runway) the reversers deployed and the spoilers also deployed.

Very strange indeed! :mad:

Well, alrighty then. I went to the site where I found the Aircraft that has been giving me a fit, they had another Delta (standard livery) Airbus A350 by FSpainter and it flies with NO ISSUES! YIPPPPEEEEE! Tomorrow, I may try the airfile from the good A350 and try it on the original one that gave me issues, see if that straightens that one out!

I am getting entirely too old for this, but, will I quit the thrill of it all :rolleyes: ?? Hell no!

Rick :cool::cool:

I too did experience a bit of what you describe with the CamSim A350, so I found a file in the library by Willem Sophia called 737 Autoland. 737al11.zip. Thought I'd give it a try. Now his program kind of takes all the fun and challenge out of the landing process, but it does yield a very smooth landing and a much reduced tendency to simply hover over the runway. Even though the file is labeled for FS2004, it does work in FSX as it is XML based. And though written for the 737, I have applied it to 747's, 777's, DC-10's, E190's, A321's and A330's to mention a few. Carefully read his Readme file for adjustments for heavier aircraft from the 737 group. You can change the airspeed of the aircraft upon initial activation of the gauge which also calculates how far away you are from the ILS signal. The gauge will automatically apply progressive increments of flaps as you get closer to the runway. The gauge also incorporates a "flare" for a really smooth landing. Edited by miatamariner