Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MSFS 2020 Incredibly Slow Load/Menus/etc. after Latest Update

Quote Originally Posted by plainsman View Post
    I have some of the same issue, in that while on the ground in taxi or take off or landing, the menus become unresponsive. But once about 50 feet off the ground everything works fine. Again, this is a new phenomena after the update.
    Is your photogrammetry on? Since SU5, I find that with it on, I get stutters on or near the ground. For that reason I keep it turned off until this problem gets fixed. Others have reported the same issue.
    Last edited by cobalt; 10-26-2021 at 01:12 PM.

I found this happening twice since the update. I found if I just shut down flightsim (while loading) using task manager and restarting, it loaded as it usually would. Has not happened since I did this twice. Not saying it will work for everyone or that it may not have other side effects (I have experienced none) but it does point to some technological mystery I can't unravel.

Since then it has loaded as it would every other time (about 90 sec.)
    Last edited by GreasedLanding; 10-26-2021 at 03:03 PM.
    Alienware Aurora R7 * i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz * 16 gb RAM * NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 gb * Samsung EVO 1 TB SSD * Logitech EXTREME 3D PRO * Dual Monitors (1 X 2k + 1 X HD) *Windows 11*.

Quote Originally Posted by GreasedLanding View Post
    I found this happening twice since the update. I found if I just shut down flightsim (while loading) using task manager and restarting, it loaded as it usually would. Has not happened since I did this twice. Not saying it will work for everyone or that it may not have other side effects (I have experienced none) but it does point to some technological mystery I can't unravel.

Since then it has loaded as it would every other time (about 90 sec.)
    I kind of did that, however I got the MSFS was not shut down properly, would you like to start it in Safe Mode or Regular (ok, parapashing, lol, but you get the idea.
    Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce GTX 1660, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler

Might this be the solution?

https://www.reddit.com/r/MicrosoftFl...020_running_a/

UPDATE: Removing Citrix Desktop from Windows solved the problem. There must be some program conflicts somewhere.
    I am reinstalling to test now.

All the credit in the world to Reddit user ShotgunFarmer1 for finding a solution I never would have considered. This solved it for me.

As he and user CussdomTidder wrote, there must be some conflict between MSFS's display drivers/usage and Citrix Workspace's display drivers/usage. Closing Citrix does not solve it. Instead, it must be uninstalled (presumably removing hidden, but always running, components).

Bummer, in that I will need to uninstall Citrix before every MSFS session and reinstall after (removing it entirely is not an option because I remote into my office at least nightly). But, better than reinstalling MSFS every time! And no nuking of my machine!
    Last edited by Bowman Creek; 11-11-2021 at 01:15 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12