Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A350-9/10 and B787-/8/9/10 User Aircraft

I've got the TDS 787/8 and /9's installed and am finding cool liveries. There are FDE updates which can be kind of scary but I guess they should be installed. Anxious to do my first flight. I do my test flights between KBFI - KPMD which is a 2 hour flight and gives the plane a chance to show any flaws or corrections needed. More later.

Quote Originally Posted by Honus View Post
    There are FDE updates which can be kind of scary but I guess they should be installed.
    Not scary if you remember to make backup copies of any files you are going to change. And if the change\update doesn't work out, restore the backup copy you so wisely created ... just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Downwind66 View Post
    Honus - There are many sites that have many B787's. Just this site's library for example, do a search for Boeing 787 and you will find many. Just let your fingers do the walking and you will find a livery to your liking! I just offered up the American Airlines livery to you as one I have. I just want an aircraft that is appealing to the eye and everything works as it should!

2 others on here that I had downloaded that work great are B787-9, Air New Zealand by Britney Ren.

Good luck! Airbus, I have nothing to recommend, as they all failed my test in finding something that
    "everything works!"

Rick
    I am baffled by the omission of ALL doors on an aircraft that DON'T open. I have yet to find any model by TDS or CamSim that have opening service doors. Please correct me if I am wrong. I am not a modeler so I do not have any knowledge of what is required to animate a door, but if you can animate one or two doors, why not every door? The only modeler who has made a concerted effort to animate all doors on his aircraft, is Tom Ruth. Kudo's to him. For those of us who have and use GSX, it is unrealistic to see food carts passing through a closed door. Just my two cents.
    HP Omen Obelisk, i7 9700K 3.6 Base to 4.9 Turbo Boost, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB, 32GB HyperX 2666 DDR4 RAM. 1TB 7200 SATA HD, 1TB Western Digital M.2 NvME SSD, 750W PS. Let's fly!

Sorry I can't be of help on this. I know nothing about the modeling of these planes. I'm just a pilot and this is out of my pay grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Honus View Post
    Sorry I can't be of help on this. I know nothing about the modeling of these planes. I'm just a pilot and this is out of my pay grade.
    Either do I! I was just venting over a situation that has long bothered me about modelling doors on aircraft, where some are animated but others are not.
    HP Omen Obelisk, i7 9700K 3.6 Base to 4.9 Turbo Boost, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB, 32GB HyperX 2666 DDR4 RAM. 1TB 7200 SATA HD, 1TB Western Digital M.2 NvME SSD, 750W PS. Let's fly!

Quote Originally Posted by miatamariner View Post
    Either do I! I was just venting over a situation that has long bothered me about modelling doors on aircraft, where some are animated but others are not.
    Do you always or ever check in the aicraft.cfg under [exits] to make sure that the total number of exits match what is shown in the description?

[exits]
    number_of_exits = 3
    exit.0 = 0.4, 36.6, -5.0, 3.0, 0 //openclose rate percent
    per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from
    datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)
    exit.1 = 0.4, -38.5, 4.5, -3.0, 1 //openclose rate percent
    exit.2 = 0.4, 33.5, 3.5, -4.0, 2 //openclose rate percent
    Last edited by mrzippy; 10-28-2021 at 12:47 PM.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

No flight Sim installed until I get a new computer.

When dealing with freeware aircraft, remember it's usually one person that's doing all the work to put something like this together. Chances are, freeware aircraft aren't going to be uber-detailed. If your looking for something like that, you might want to look at QualityWings for there 787. I'm sure they would have all the doors working that you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    Do you always or ever check in the aicraft.cfg under [exits] to make sure that the total number of exits match what is shown in the description?

[exits]
    number_of_exits = 3
    exit.0 = 0.4, 36.6, -5.0, 3.0, 0 //openclose rate percent
    exit.1 = 0.4, -38.5, 4.5, -3.0, 1 //openclose rate percent
    exit.2 = 0.4, 33.5, 3.5, -4.0, 2 //openclose rate percent
    Good point. So I checked the Exits data for the TDS 738 MaxV3_LEAPPX1B--LP2WM which I downloaded from the library as a repaint under the livery BUZZ opb Ryan Air. I had to download the base package in order to use this repaint. The base package aircraft cfg file showed the following for the Exits data:

[exits]
    number_of_exits = 4
    exit_rate.0 = 0.3
    exit_rate.1 = 0.3
    exit_rate.2 = 0.3
    exit_rate.3 = 0.3

The port side passengers door forward and aft as well as the two starboard cargo doors, open and close respectively, with key commands Shift-E and Shift-E-2. Shift-E-3 opens/closes the port side aft passenger door. Shiift-E-4 commands the air stairs to the forward port passenger door. The service doors do not respond to any key commands there for I assume they are not modelled as animated doors. Does this make sense?

Look through the panel.cfg and see if there is a popup panel for door commands.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

No flight Sim installed until I get a new computer.

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    Look through the panel.cfg and see if there is a popup panel for door commands.
    Nothing. The only other panel windows are for TDS Utility, which is an old Posky creation, TDS Advance Controls and FDE Helper. The TDS Utility controls lighting and ground service vehicles. Nothing opens the doors.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123