Sporty's Sim Buyer's Guide

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Indeed, a good read! Thanks for the link.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Thanks for the link. Very informative. I'm now looking at Redmond's products more closely.
i7-7700k @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4/3000,2280 SSD M.2,Genome II Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 rear exhaust, Samsung 40" HDTV & Two 24" HP side monitors. Redbird Alloy yoke, pedals, and throttle. A single Saitek Instrument Panel and Cessna trim wheel. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Windows 10 64 bit. 58 measured Mbps.

Good link, Randy. The author covers things fairly well. I'd add to his list something that Sporty's doesn't carry, though it's expensive -- the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog -- which has (for me, at least) all of the benefits of the X-52 but is more rugged and uses Hall Effect sensors rather than potentiometers, which eliminates the problem with dirty pots, in addition to quite a bit more accuracy with small movements (it uses more bits of resolution- 16-bit resolution [65536 x 65536 values]). I've been happy with mine for years now, and the programming is quite versatile, if you care to spend a little time digging deeper into it, yet quite easy if you want to keep it simple. They even have pre-programmed profiles for several programs.

For me, this has all but eliminated any need to use the keyboard or hunt for controls.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!