Water surrounding KONT?

Lt51506

Hi all,

Not even sure how to phrase this question, but why would Ontario International Airport (KONT) be surrounded by water? No add-on airport scenery has been installed, with Mega Scenery X being the only ad-on. I've double checked to make sure there are no other references to ONT hiding anywhere, but there's just water surrounding the airport for about a mile in each direction. Also, there are cliffs to the North and South of the scenery. East and West ends flat but have water also. I'm clueless here.

Any help is welcomed and appreciated!

Tom

FSX,

Windows 7, 64 bit.

This sounds like a mesh issue. Any added mesh add-ons? Perhaps Mega adds their own mesh. You could try the following:

Temp deactivate Mega and see if the issue goes away. If so, find the mesh files and rename them so their extensions don't parse in the Sim. What I mean by that is that if you have a mesh scenery file named somethingxmesh.BGL, rename to somethingxmesh.BGL.old The appended .old will invalidate the BGL from parsing. Of course, trying to use an educated guess as to what files are mesh is in order. That's only if Mega uses a mesh component to their add-on. If there is mesh it will be more than one file.

A great utility I use for quick on the fly scenery activation/deactivation is SceneryConfigEditor. https://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/

It's coded in Java so you'll need to install Java if you don't already have Java installed. Word to the wise, disable the Java plug-in in all browsers from activating or at least to a setting that asks you for activation.

Edited by CRJ_simpilot