"Traffic Global" Worth It?

Grover2005

Just wondering if anyone here has experience with "Traffic Global" from Just Flight in P3d V4.5...It is pretty expensive, but I have had difficulty trying other traffic programs...This program claims to "do it all", contain all needed AI aircraft, update flight plans, etc., and easily...I would sure appreciate any comments/experiences you could share...Thanks a lot!

Steve in Kansas

Steve in Kansas

7 Miles NW of KGCK

I could not say if such an off-the-shelf program is "worth it".

My take on AI is fundamentally different: I "collect" AI flight plans from various sites, and then download and install the aircraft involved from yet other sites. I have now just over 10,300 flight plans active.... and it's all freeware!

Jorgen

Jorgen: Thanks for the reply! If I could ask a favor...Could you briefly explain just how your method of "collecting" flight plans and aircraft works? I am totally new at this traffic part of P3d and would appreciate the help! Thanks again!

Steve

Steve in Kansas

7 Miles NW of KGCK

• 1 month later...

I have Global for P3Dv4.

I like it very much because I don't want to spend a lot of time on AI traffic, but I do like to see it in the air and around airports.

I also like that it is some what realistic.

It is easy to install and will install traffic for you all around the world.

You can also add your own without much trouble.

I only have small issues with frame rates when I am flying fast, with lots of airtraffic in the area, and in a complex scenery area like southern California.

Hope this helps

Steve,

I need to apologize for just seeing your reply right now. My reply may be a little long, so bear with me...

I started my AI when I had FSX, and that was with WoAI - now a little long in the teeth. From there on I have gone on to collecting traffic from mainly AIG and MAIW, but also from wherever I could find traffic, for instance on AVSIM and on this august board.

Every flight plan I find I run through AIFP to ensure validity and compatibility.

The AI aircraft also come from the above sources, but here is a catch - in P3D, the "model" (the "basic aircraft skeleton) HAS to be at least an FSX model, FS9 models will not work in P3D as they will in FSX. Even better is of course native P3D models, and the AIG website has a lot of FS9 models that have been converted to P3D.

But - there is always a "but" or two - AI traffic is no good without airports where the AI aircraft can land and PARK especially. Here you have to make sure that any add-on airports are P3D-compatible, and also compatible to your specific version of P3D.

Hope this makes some kind of sense -

Jorgen

Thanks for the detailed reply! I think I am going to lock myself in my office and learn AIG...It seems to be most people's choice...I'm told that there quite a few videos on YouTube explaining how to set it up...I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks again!

Steve

Steve in Kansas

7 Miles NW of KGCK

I have Traffic Global myself for same reason as finnfit, for a few bucks you get instant realistic traffic without all the downloading and time involved setting it up. Rather spend time on user models and repaints and flying.

Did same with MSFS Simple Traffic for now, probably get an AI traffic program later that uses realistic models when becomes available.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro