Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joystick problems

Question Joystick problems

I am running a Logitech 3d pro joystick on fsx and the acft is pulling to the left and wants to circulate in circle's or orbit if you will. I tried calibration and restore defaults. Numerous times I have tried to reload FSX and even tried my old copy of fs9 and I am having the same problem. The system I run is window's 7. Iam still a hold out but the system still runs fine except for this problem . can you help?

Hi.
    3D Pro works great I've had many of them and never had any problems. Do you have another controllers? Rudder pedals...?
    Make sure you only have one controller assigned to each function.
    Calibrate in Win 7 if no luck. Try to swap assignment temporarily, x to y... and make sure you set a large Null zone and see if it help?

Quote Originally Posted by flytv1 View Post
    Hi.
    3D Pro works great I've had many of them and never had any problems. Do you have another controllers? Rudder pedals...?
    Make sure you only have one controller assigned to each function.
    Calibrate in Win 7 if no luck. Try to swap assignment temporarily, x to y... and make sure you set a large Null zone and see if it help?
    Check you don't have fuel incorrect - unbalanced loading can cause the problem.

After further investigation I installed a new joystick and reinstalled the program. (FSX) Looking at the cessna 172 it appears the rudder is stuck or malfunctioning radicly and will not taxi or fly straight this for all acft in my livery. sounds like software to me what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by pmgebroff View Post
    After further investigation I installed a new joystick and reinstalled the program. (FSX) Looking at the cessna 172 it appears the rudder is stuck or malfunctioning radicly and will not taxi or fly straight this for all acft in my livery. sounds like software to me what do you think?
    Assuming the fuel is balanced (please specify you have checked this, and the pax load) I would check control assignments.
    It is very unlikely that the same problem afflicts both joysticks.

I believe the joystick is not the problem I think its something with the FSX Software because it was running fine then it wasn't and the rudder on the C172 locked up to the left rebooted fsx it pulls to the right and locks up same thing when i fly I have to fight the rudder and this is for all my acft. so that is where I am right now can any one help?

This could be a control input conflict - another controller axis or button, or a keyboard command, is also assigned to rudder.
    Check your joystick control assignments in the sim itself and delete any duplicates, unplug any other controllers connected to your PC and test again.
    If this doesn't work, try deleting your FSX.cfg file and relaunching FSX - it'll create a new FSX.cfg file with default settings and this should definitely cure your rudder problems.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Xbox Series X and a big smile! Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k, Win 10 Pro x64

Hi

2 questions one where is the FSX Configuration file? Do I delete the file or do I de install the program and try again

Quote Originally Posted by pmgebroff View Post
    Hi

2 questions one where is the FSX Configuration file? Do I delete the file or do I de install the program and try again
    Return the selections to default. You may have to reinstate the settings. Last time I did it, it was about two mins...

Hi,
    You can find your .cfg in .....\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX and you can View / Edit it with any Text editor.
    I would just Rename it and try a new assignment/s?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast