Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ORBX EA-7 Edgley Optica

Default ORBX EA-7 Edgley Optica

Has anybody tried out this aircraft offered in the MSFS marketplace? It looks like it might be a fun option for making sightseeing videos -- while flying through the Grand Canyon, for instance.
    HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

I bought it a while back and it’s ideal for slow sightseeing trips

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX3090 Aorus Extreme 24GB
    3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs.
    Reverb G2 VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit
    Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Thanks. I appreciate your seal of approval. It's only $9.99, so why not? I just watched a video review. The reviewer flew out of Salisbury. If I ever get to the UK again (haven't been since 1970), that's an area I'd like to visit.
    HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

Wow, I also arrived in the UK in 1970 (I was born LOL)
    I’ve never been to Salisbury in real life, but I have flown in that area (in MSFS) there are some large badges near by, made from chalk. They are in MSFS if you ever want to take a look.

https://youtu.be/RzQNRPoinGo

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX3090 Aorus Extreme 24GB
    3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs.

You're still a youngster, then.

By the way Steve, my first visit to the UK was in 1967, after I graduated from college -- in Grinnell, Iowa. A travel agent there arranged for a student-group flight from New York JFK to Luxembourg and return, on Icelandic Airlines. The plane was a jet prop. It was a long flight. We stopped enroute at Keflavik. I remember that they fed us really well (french toast for breakfast), and that the seating was two by two, not three by three as in economy today. I rested for overnight at Luxembourg and then traveled to the UK by train and channel ferry. There was a school group on the ferry returning from a holiday in France. I remember a young girl telling one of her mates to "sharrup." Where would that expression have placed her, I wonder now. I stayed in England for a couple of weeks, lodging at a hostel near Paddington Station, before heading back to the Continent to start using my eight-week Eurail pass. I spent most of my time in London. It was June and the weather was glorious. I loved going to Hyde Park and hanging out at the speakers corner. I went to a number of plays, the British Museum, and the Tate Gallery. I took one side trip, to Cambridge, where a student invited me up to his room. I went to pubs and even developed a liking for warm beer.

I returned to London in Nov., 1970 on my way home after two years in the Peace Corps, in Monrovia, Liberia. I stayed at the same hostel. I went to some plays again. I went to "Butterflies are Free," "Hair, " and "Vivat Vivat Regina," with Sarah Miles and (I think) Glenda Jackson. I also went to a comedy called "How the Other Half Loves," with Robert Morely. It was probably the funniest play I've ever seen to this day. Also went to movies: "Blowup," and "Tora, Tora, Tora." After nearly two years in Liberia, I was starved for real entertainment.

A note on Grinnell College: One of the students in my dormitory was a Brit, Michael Tetley. He said he was of the Tetley Tea Tetleys. The story we heard was that he'd been a troublesome lad at home and his family had sent him to the middle of Iowa to straighten up.

Blimey, you have a good memory! I struggle past last week

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aptosflier View Post
    You're still a youngster, then.
    Thanks Steve
    You certainly have a good memory! I struggle to remember an hour ago LOL

Regards
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stinger2k2 View Post
    Blimey, you have a good memory! I struggle past last week

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Actually, I have trouble remembering whether I took a medication five minutes ago. I hadn’t thought about my London visits for years, decades even. Chatting with Steve brought it back to me. Apparently, this is what happens when you get older; you can remember something from your distant past, but not last week, or what day it is today. Even so, I had to look up a couple of plays I mentioned to see when they were published and to confirm that I saw them in 1967, and not 1970. One performance I remember vividly from 1967 was “Love for Love,” a restoration comedy (I think it was comedic) at the National Theater. I recall that Lawrence Olivier was supposed to be in it, but he wasn’t that evening. I didn’t know anything about the play; Olivier was the draw. I enjoyed the play nevertheless (after all, it was the thing), and how everyone stood to sing “God Save the Queen” when the final curtain came down. At least I think that came at the end. We sing our national anthem at the start of sporting events, like baseball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In 1967 I was 5 years old and was taken on holiday by my grandparents to my great uncle's house in Broadstairs, Kent. One day he drove us to RAF Manston, and being ex-Household Cavalry, he had a word with the guards on duty and I was allowed to sit in the gate sentry Spitfire. The guard assured us that the Spitfire had served in the Battle of Britain but he probably said that to all the tourists. Anyway, somewhere in the family album is a small black & white photo of an even smaller me grinning from ear to ear in a real Battle of Britain Spitfire.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Xbox Series X and a big smile! Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k, Win 10 Pro x64

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast