VFR map stopped responding unless overlaid on FS

Hi all, I have found limited info out there on my issues, but I can't seem to dig deep enough to find any resolution. I'm sorry if I missed something here on the forum, I do lurk to find solutions as much as I can before posting.

FS2020 V 1.19.9.0

WIN10 V 21H1 Build 19043.1288

Out of nowhere I’m having problems on my second monitor with the VFR map, can’t zoom or scroll (second monitor only) but if I slide it over to my primary monitor everything works fine. Additional troubleshooting revealed that the map works only if it is overlaid on the main FS screen.

So, for example if I move the main FS screen to the second monitor, then bring up the map on top, it works fine. If I then move the map only to the first monitor, leaving FS on the second, no go. So bottom line is that it seems the map quit recognizing a separate monitor on my system. Very odd as it started out of nowhere, I have rebooted and all of that now to no avail. I thought I’d post here and see if anybody has dealt with this?

Thanks!

Dell XPS 8930 Core I9-9900 3.10 GHz, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM @2666 Mhz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060, 1 + 2 TB SSD’s and 1 + 2 TB spinner sata’s, Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X, FS9, FSX, MSFS

Mike,

Not really going to be of any assistance I am afraid. I just tried this on my setup and everything is working normal. I can zoom in and out, as well as scroll.

I don't normally use the VFR map because I use Little Navmap on one of my 3 monitors. I set my test up with the main sim screen on my center monitor and the VFR map on both my left and right monitors. I could zoom and scroll every time. Sorry.

I am thinking that it is not related to the sim itself, but rather something in your system environment.

Hal

Alienware Aurora R13, I7-12700KF, 16g DDR5 4400 memory, 256g NVMe boot drive, 1 - 2t NVMe m.2 drive for Apps, 2 - 1t SSD for Data, GeForce RTX 3080 TI 12g, Windows 11 Pro.

Hi all, just a quick update!

Getting weirder as I go. Now, if I use the mouse wheel ANYWHERE in the main FS screen to zoom (IE cockpit, or external view), the VFR map zooms with it regardless of where the map is. However, still no go on click/hold to move around the map unless it is on the same monitor as the main view.

Edit: Even when the cockpit zoom reaches max in either direction, the map will continue to zoom.

Will keep everyone posted if I get this working. :)

Edited by MikeDV
Dell XPS 8930 Core I9-9900 3.10 GHz, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM @2666 Mhz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060, 1 + 2 TB SSD’s and 1 + 2 TB spinner sata’s, Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X, FS9, FSX, MSFS

I also notice that the VFR map zooms on the second monitor when zooming views on the main monitor. I am not experiencing the other issues you describe and it appears the this linked zooming only happens sometimes. Not sure what the variable(s) are for isolating the problem but will keep analyzing it and post back.

Alienware Aurora R7 * i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz * 32 gb RAM * NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 gb * Samsung EVO 1 TB SSD * Logitech EXTREME 3D PRO * Dual Monitors (1 X 2k + 1 X HD) *Windows 11*. MSFS Premium Edition