FSX reinstall - drat!!

pomak249

Had a sudden crash of windows10 on my rig yesterday, wouldnt boot past a black screen so had to do a WinRE and a system reset. Ultimately i lost the lot but thankfully all backed up on a HDD.

Now reinstalled FSX Deluxe boxed with SP1 and SP2 without a hitch tbh (just did the PartMgr rename in the registry all aok.

Reinstalled UTX Europe and GEX and HD Airport Graphics and gotta say it looks fab with no scenery addons at all so for once i am gonna leave the old girl alone, just adding Traffic Global tomorrow and thats me done with tinkering!

Got some addon aircraft to install but i aint adding no skins/scenery/et al again. It runs fab and looks good.

JUST SAYING :-)

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

It was a real bonus having the ability to do a reset with win10 tbh otherwise god knows what i would have done - full windows install i guess?? Trouble is the reset uninstalls almost all your apps/programs/...etc but leaves useless shortcuts behind on the desktop making it appear you have been 'saved'. The cruelty of windows LOL

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

It was a real bonus having the ability to do a reset with win10 tbh otherwise god knows what i would have done - full windows install i guess?? Trouble is the reset uninstalls almost all your apps/programs/...etc but leaves useless shortcuts behind on the desktop making it appear you have been 'saved'. The cruelty of windows LOL

My Win10 didn't lose anything when I reinstalled it. It even restored apps I had such as Advanced System Care and Smart Defrag 7....

Mine was a reset instead of a reinstall obviously two different things i guess? some stuff remained like documents etc but i think the reset puts the registry to default? IL2 REDCORE still worked that !!!