Some Good News, for a Change

I often complain here, or ask for help with CTDs, etc., so I thought I'd share some good news for a change.

In the past, with V-sync on, my CPU was typically working at

Here's what I've done:

--Installed the latest driver, 472.12, for my Nvidia GPU.

--Turned off V-sync.

--In my Nvidia control panel ("3D setting"), limited my FPS to 30. (Some will argue, but most concur the human eye can't detect any difference between 30 and much higher; so why waste your GPU's energy on "unlimited" FPS?)

--Went to the SoFly Manual, p. 214 et seq., and implemented all of their suggestions for maximizing performance (with a few minor differences) EXCEPT I left Game Mode ON.

This week, a typical reading was : CPU: 19%, GPU: 58! I don't have anything on Ultra, but a number on High. Maybe I could move a few sliders to the right, but I'm not sure where best to spend the capacity.

Hope this helps somebody out there.

(BTW, I've had 2 CTDs in the past 2 months, and both of those were in the Aerobus H135 freeware helicopter.)

My specs:

i7-8700 3.7 GHz

GeForce GTX 1070 Ti; 8GB onboard

AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 LGA 1151 ATX motherboard

16GB RAM

2 TB hard drive

27” MSI gaming monitor

Glad it’s working well for you now. These posts are always good :)

As for the freeware H135 though.. can’t say I’ve had any CTDs with it.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I'm going to guess with those resources you can tap into, you may get pleasantly moe than you realize...

Dell XPS8490 12 Gen 11700 up to 5 Ghz., 48Gb 3200 RAM, dedicated 512Gb M2 SSD, AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Logitech Multi Panel, Logitech Throttle Quadrant (X2), Growing slowly but surely!